Need Some Personal Opinions...

Bronze Member
Username: Letto

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 38
When you guys are building a box do you generally stay towards the small end of the specifications for the sub, the middle, or the high end?

I don't want to hear "it depends on what kind of sound you are looking for" I just want your opinions of what you do, and why.

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 793
"do you generally stay towards the small end of the specifications for the sub, the middle, or the high end?..."

I'm not entirely sure what is being specified...I'm guessing you mean how much power we use? I try to match the RMS though sometimes it's a bit overpowered...

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3256
think hes talking about box size

Bronze Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 40
I mean in the size of the box... For example, my subs specify a box between .35 - 7 cf. Do you stay around .35, more like .5-.55, or more towards .7?

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 210
I like to make my own box alignment. If thats what you re reffering to...

I like to make mine in the middle because if you make the box small; then the frequency cutoff is too high. I like to get some low bass out of it.

I stay away from extreme low-bass-boxes (labyrinths, transmission lines, isobaric, bandpass, double chamber, abc, etc...) because they make the woofer respond too slow, and reduce efficiency.

I stay away from extreme port lengths too. Ports should be used to fine tune a box, not to provide additional space or response.

Bronze Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 45
Anyone else have any opinions? Come on now... everyone has an opinion!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us