Trunk rattles like a...

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 187
you know what I mean, my car shakes like crazy. I have 2 12" sony xplod's (the old, DECENT ones) and an Alpine mrp-350. I have heard about all these things to keep the car from shaking so insanely much. I would like something really really cheap and efficient, any suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 189
the cheaper you go, the more effort you'll have to put in to install the crap...how much effort are you willing to put in?

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 157
get you some edead that sh!ts prettyc heap and works good

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3250
You know I like that one videos idea I saw it was smart for various reasons .. http://www.realmofexcursion.com/videos/Eclipse/8808.1.wmv

First off in the realm of the topic in this post he made his box form in the front and rear of the trunk which is wood and that keeps the trunk from ratteling because the wood acts as a barrier to the cars metal. This idea wasnt good just for that reason it was also good because one he got the airspace he needed for his box and two he didnt add any exrta weight to achieve this barier effect for his trunk and it protects it from flex and rattle. His side walls where there isnt any wood he used another material again achieving a barier effect. All good ideas to solve problems like your having. I imagine he also did something to his trunk lid. If you do all these mods right and compete you can stay in the stock class because you wouldnt be altering the structure of the car from factory instead it would be there for cosmetic reasons.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3251
example.... imagine say the side walls were wood with pretty art work to house your crossovers or whatever on the back side of it with a tight seal but removable panel.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3252
te art work on the side you can see of course

Gold Member

Post Number: 3253
actually LOL I like how that idea sounds.

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 889
dont get edead...get secondskin its better.

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Germany

Post Number: 749
home depo, or lowes / peal and seal, its in the roofing department. Works very well, and is cheaper than edead.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2978
Guys, any kind of sound deadening stuff will work, whether it be edead, secondskin, dynamat, peel n' seel, ice guard, etc... they're all made of the same relative materials, your not really gonna notice a huge difference from one brand to another.

Another good tip is using spray foam. If you have a big enclosed area, say the inside of your trunk lid, or behind your tail lights, try spraying some foam in the spaces. It works great. Just remember, it's almost impossible to remove.

Bronze Member
Username: Karam

Post Number: 88
lol, just what i was going to say. i was thinking of that. what type of foam would you use just normal gap filling one?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us