Subwoofer bottoming out

Anonymous214242
Unregistered guest
I have an alpine type R running off of the MRD-M605 and it has been bottoming out alot lately. People were telling me to check for leaks in the box. How do i do that?

Silver Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth, Dorset United Kingdom

Post Number: 612
Firstly block up any air duct port, then play a 20Hz or 30Hz sine wave and listen, take your hand and run it around the enclosure feeling for any air leakage.

Once you have located the source leakage, take the sub bass driver unit out, and fill in the gaps with all-round quality silicon, now that should do it....
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 208
Sub bottoming out, may not be air leakage. It is possible, but there may be other factors.

Check these out while you are at it.

I would like to recomend checking your amp. Check to see that it is supplying even ample power all the way accross the power curve. Your amp may be causing your subs to bottom out.

Also, I would check to see that your box is built to the right dimmensions. If the box is too small or too big, it may cause your sub to Xmax too soon.

I would also recomend to check your subs suspension (Surround, and spider). If your sub is getting old or perhaps it has been exposed to extreme heat, and/or sunlight, the cone/suspension may have warped.

These are just other options to consider in checking. Who knows what it may be in the end?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us