Powering 2...xxx 15

s2000
Unregistered guest
i want to run 2 pcx 1500,
dose any one own two xxx 15 and if so do they have a new alt?

Anonymous

well i don't have 2 xxx 15's but i got a brahma and yes my guess is that u would want to get a new alternator unless u want to fry it continuously...u can look here thats where i got mine...also with 2 xxx you might want to look at getting a good battery and also upgrading your wiring to 4 guage at least preferably 0/1 guage...

link to alternator store
www.mralternator.com

Just click on the high output alternator section then choose yur car and whatnot...

Anonymous

also before you buy anything check to see how many amps your alternator can put out...ya never know it might be ok...but on most older cars they have very small ones...i would look at at least getting over 200-250 amps at least

s2000
Unregistered guest
i have a 150 alt and i am running 2200 watts of power ...i have ppi 1600...and a 600 watt now if i want to run 2 15 xxx i would think i would need 2 1600 watt amps? or maybe not? can they run with 800 watts?a side?

Bronze Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 11
I wouldn't reccomend sending the XXX's less than 1k-1200w RMS for them to really perform, and yes you're probably going to need to upgrade the alt. A 150A alt is large for stock, but more than likely it needs most of that to operate the vehicle. See how your car does with the stock alt and then go from there.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us