Components...focal, mb quart, morel

Silver Member
Username: Scab12886

Post Number: 143
hey it's been a little while since i've posted anything on here and im sorry for the length of this post, but i'm still looking for components for my 99 grand cherokee. i had been looking and considering the mb quart premiums but just recently went over to tweeter and heard the focal sets that they have. how do the focal sets around the same price range compare to the premiums? maybe the 165K2P power components? also today i went to another shop near me and they have a set of morel components. they sounded great but were a little out of my price range unless i saved up more or got them online possibly (they were about $800 but i dont know exactly what they were). how does morel in general compare to focal and mb quart?

Silver Member

Post Number: 144
anybody got anything??

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4230
I like the K2P set better than the Premiums, but you'll get mixed opinions of course. The K2P set is good if you like more or a power set (punchier mid, brighter tweeter). Morel is very highly regarded in the audio world, possibly more so than Focal and MB Quart simply due to reputation over the years. They offer outstanding components (they license technology from Dynaudio). The bigger question is what you liked more from the sets that you heard. Morels and Focal K2Ps are somewhat opposing in what you're getting, Morels are more neutral and relaxed while the K2Ps are more of a power set.

Silver Member

Post Number: 145
thanks a lot jonathon. i think i'm throwin out the premiums and i'll save up for either the morels or the K2Ps. i'll have to go back and listen to them some more. any more input would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4231
Go with what your ears prefer. Both sets are very different and that will be for you to decide. You're dealing with two sets that tend to develop extreme opinions, most people either love them or hate them.

Silver Member

Post Number: 146
thanks again. the morels sounded absolutely amazing to me for the 10 minutes or so that i was listening to them. the store had the new eminem cd playing and it sounded great. i'll have to go to the other shop and listen to the focals a little more.

Bronze Member
Username: Usnavy

EVERETT, WA US

Post Number: 13
If you are going o spend tat much on speaker why not get the focal Utopia 165w these speakers are amazing

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4237
Morels are amazing, too. Back to the opinions thing :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 147
thanks guys. i was considering just getting the utopias. i would like to find a store around me (baltimore, maryland) that has them so i could hear them in person. i did love the morels though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us