SPL contest

Bronze Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 34
Alright guys i have an spl competition coming up saturday and i wanted to ask you guys what your procedures or whatever are. I have a few bass mechanic cd's and i wanted to know around which frequency to start the test at which would be the loudest and best to use cauase i think i have about 30 seconds i don't know how long the standard time for a spl test is whether or not they're gonna do it db drag style or not. It's been awhile since i've done a competition and would like feedback about what would be the best way to going about this competition

Bronze Member

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 36
thanks for nothin

Silver Member
Username: Eclipse2005

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 131
hi, sorry it took so long. Well in db drag comp u need to race with the Official Db Drag CD. Need to choose one frequency that goes from 20 to 80 Hz. 30 seconds, not more so be sure u got the right frequency and all the set up right. U should try and measure it in a shop or somewhere before u go so that u know already what it'll be ur frequency. uhm...then close the car and with the remote BUMP!!! Or it depends what's ur level coz if u high level u can also take out ur HU and control it from the outside of the car.

Bronze Member

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 37
lol thanks man. Ya I tried to find a shop around my area but none of them have a device to measure db. So the best cd i have is the bass mechanic cd that does the test to determine the how low your system will go it has like 4 or 5 tracks and i know the first track starts of too high so i'll probably have to start it on like the 2nd or 3rd track. I'll probably just sit in the car i don't think it would be over 148 or so. I had a lancer w/ 2 10's and a 15 and it got 145.5 but my new system in my galant is louder then the lancer but not by much maybe a couple db's
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us