What wires powers all the speakers?

Bronze Member
Username: Shutterleftopen

Columbus, Ohio United states

Post Number: 77
my speakers keep cutting out. when my subs are one loud, they vibrate the bad connection and the speakers will cut in for a second. that's it. i know it's a bad connection. just not sure which wires it would be. i've check the wires in the back of the deck and they're all hooked up well and stuff. please help me. i'm going crazy not having any music in my car. thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3441
When you say speakers, are you talking about ALL? Front and rear? If that is the case, then you do not have good connection on the HU/deck.
When it cuts out, is the HU still powered on?
Maybe your power wire is loose.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
yes. i mean all the front and rear speakers that are powered by the small amp from the deck. there's a loose connection somewhere. not sure where. the speakers don't cut out. they more like cut in. they don't play until the subs hit really hard. like there's a loose connection and the vibrating shakes the connection and it'll come on a little.

i just need help knowing which wire it would be. the one's i've check have been fine.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3456
Okay, try this for a test. Unhook the amp from the HU (rca input cable and power to the amp). Now turn on the radio and see if you get sound.
In order to have no sound, the speaker wires has to be exposed and is shorting to the chassis. Either that or you could just have a bad unit that's dying.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 79
well...there is one thing. a while ago the wiring for my right rear speaker got messed up and wouldn't play too well. so i unhooked the speaker from there and hooked it up with my left rear speaker. so now the right rear speaker wire is just hanging there. could that be the reason? would just that one wire short out all the speakers?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
i found out what it was. the right rear speaker connection. on the actual speaker. where the two pieces of metal connect. where the wires are. it came off and i'm guessing messed up the connection for the whole speakers system. so i connected it again with some electrical tape...it's not a very good connect obviously. what could i do to have a good connection?

KMARTXR
Unregistered guest
if you have your two speakers hooked up to each other, you are running them at 2 ohm loads, you can damage ur head unit.

make sure each speaker is wired into its own channel.

for a better connection get some fast connects from wal mart they work well

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
alright. thanks. and i'll try to hook up my other speaker. but i don't know what would be wrong with the right rear wiring...any ideas? if it's completely messed up how could i hook up new wiring? just run it through the floor like i did with the RCA cables?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3478
You can soldier the wires onto the speaker connector. Most of the problem is not with the wire itself, they can last a long time. Check the connector/speaker.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
alright. thanks...i appreciate the help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us