Best sub for around 250

Bronze Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 27
ok experts adiophiles or noobs i need your help since i got burned with my last ebay auction im on the search for new subs whether it be one 15 or 2 12s and heres the tricky part i only got about 250 to spend total including shipping this sub/subs will be powered by a interfire audio IFD-1000C the specs on the amp are as follows:
RMS Power / 4 ohms 400Wx1
RMS Power / 2 ohms 700Wx1
RMS Power / 1 ohm 1000Wx1
MAX Power / 4 ohms 800Wx1
MAX Power / 2 ohms 1100Wx1
MAX Power / 1 ohm 1700Wx1

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 231
I'd go with an Alpine Type-R or Type-X.

Type-X 10":
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D5783078919&category=3291

Type-R 12":
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D5783061201&category=18803
or:
http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?icatid=369&stk_code=alpswr1242d&svbname=403

You could probably get two of the Type-R's for that much. Hope I helped! They're good subs for their price.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
none of the links you posted work they were i guess removed by ebay i dont know but thatnks so type rs will hit hard with both sq and spl im planning on asking team toxic bass for a box design and building the box myself

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
never mind i tried copying the link from my email instead of clicking in here
anyone have any other suggestions i seen on ebay that some fool is sellin his power acoustic fubars i can get both for 160 but i dont know if those are any good

Silver Member

Post Number: 242
Why ask them? Tell me what your space requirements are, and if you want SPL or SQ, what kind of music you listen to, and how many subs, and what they are and I'll design one for you. Then you can build it yourself. And yes, Alpine is awesome. And they have GREAT customer support. Very helpful.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
the space requirements are it needs to fit in a honda civic 4 dr sedan trunk and im looking for the best combo spl and quality also are them type rs a good match for that amp

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
i want sh1t that knocks but also want to be able to distinguish the diffrent tones/beats throughout the songs

Silver Member

Post Number: 246
Those type R's would be PERFECT for that amp. I need measurements. I don't have a Honda Civic sitting in my driveway, I have no idea how big your trunk is. And you'll probably want a vented box tuned to 32Hz. Dunno, maybe someone else has more experience with these subs?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
well here the dimensions for my trunk i took four diffrent measurements all from the narrowest of points.
height: 16"
width: 36"
Depth 30"
Openening the narrowest of points in the trunk to be able to get the box in dont know if you need this one but i took it anyways: 16"

and if someone has a recomendation on what type of enclosure im open to ideas but if not jake handle your business dogg thanx again

Silver Member

Post Number: 252
Does your back seat lay down? I'm assuming it does. I had an old Honda Accord that did... And if so, can i get the measurements for that space?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
ok the opening for both seats down is 38.5" wide and 16" tall theres two supports that are like coming up the side at an angel

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
supports start 4 inches down from the top and are about 10" long i dont think that really matters though

werd
Unregistered guest
get a dual 2 ohm Image Dynamics IDMAX. easy.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
and btw what model number on that type r a 1222d or the 1242d i know the dual 2ohm vc are a lil more money but i dont want to go wrong this time

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
and the dual 2ohm are harder to find on ebay as more people are selling the dual 4ohm and about 100 more on each sub

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
the majority of music i listen to is rap and theirs going to be 2 of them that should be all the info you asked for

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 400
You need 2 DVC 4-ohm subs to match well with that amp.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
yeah then i can wire it up to two ohms but wont that just give me a 350 per sub or am i missing something if i can should i try to get the 2 ohm dvc so i can wire up to 1ohm to get the max out of the subs or am i risking poor sq

Silver Member

Post Number: 256
You can wire two 4 ohm DVC subs together for 1 ohm load. That should have been the one I sent you...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
i know i got mixed up sorry bout that and that will run them subs perfect that is quite a good match and jake you got all the measurements is it possible for you to get me a materials list so i can cut this sh1t while im at work so i dont have to go to home depot and buy the lumber also need to know what type of terminals and stuff to buy want this box to be good air tight and yet cost effective
thanks again

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
hey jake when you get the designs and or the materials list please email me at bigososs18pkws@aol.com and if you want i can shoot you some money for designing it through paypal as long as its a good box and like i said before thanx again

Silver Member

Post Number: 265
Ok man. For a 4 cu/ft vented box, here's what I've got:

Width: 34"
Height: 13"
Depth: 20"

Your vent will be:
3"x5"x6.75"

There's a million different ways to do a box, but that's a decent way. Should fit in your trunk alright, and it'll sound good with those subs. Use 3/4" MDF for it, and make sure you seal it up good. Good luck!

Silver Member

Post Number: 266
Also, where you put the subs and vent is up to you. This box is designed for BOTH subs too.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
see thats where i also need help is like a mini blueprint and or a materials list like how many peices of wood at what length stuff like that can you help with that

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2980
You'd be much happier with a 12" Image Dynamics ID MAX than 2 Type R's.

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 179
yea amn u should buy that 15" TDX Chris is selling its liek 225 shipped and thats way better than some Type Rs

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3260
heres a good place to get the sub cheap too (image dynamic idmax 12)gets my vote as well.

www.carmedia1.com $279 shipped youll only need one

type in image dynamics in the search area when you get to the site and scroll down to idmax 12.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
oh well i already bought the two type rs so im stuck for awhile so i need to make the best out of what i have
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us