Help deciding which 6 1/2 speakers to get

Bronze Member
Username: Thugshizz

Long Beach, California

Post Number: 14
Currently i have 2 12 inch rockrord fostgate P3 subs and a pair of 4way pionner speaker up front. I want to upgrade the front speakers to some Infinity Kappas. The component kappas are too pricey for me right now and i have no idea on how to hook them up. I have a 600 watt 4 channel amp to power just my front speakers so should I go with the Infinity kappas 2 ways which i could get for 80 bucks or the kappas 3 ways for $120 ? what would u guys recommend. and is there a big difference with the 3 way over the 2 way.

Bronze Member
Username: Dr_sharp

USA

Post Number: 31
My friend got the 3-way 6x9's and I have the 2-way 6x9's (kappa) and I can't say there is much of a difference. Since you are shopping for front speakers however, I'd advice to go for 3-ways or a component system.

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 165
If looking for front speakers in the Kappa series...I'd go with 2-ways because the tweeter can swivel and you can achieve better imaging...or I'd look into components.

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 612
What would be a great set of comps for around $240? I listen to 80% metal, and 20% everything else. I owned a set of Perfect 6.1's but they were stolen when I got car jacked, and I would like to try something else if I could.

Bronze Member
Username: Dr_sharp

USA

Post Number: 36
The new kappa's supposedly sound better and are cheaper. 2ohm speakers as well.

Silver Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 613
Also, I need speakers that can handle 100 watts RMS.

Silver Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 614
What would be the best speaker for metal and price? THe JL XR650, Boston FS60, Perfect 6.1, CDT CL-62 or the Polk Momo MMC6500?
Thanks for your help ahead of time.

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 120
you can always turn down the gains...RE XXX components, Adire Koda components
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us