Wiring

Username: Richierch

Post Number: 10
i dont know if this is the right place to post this but i need help wiring subs. How do i get the wire from the trunk to the front of the car in the head unit and the battery. I drive a 2003 Mazda Protege and i dont really want to have to drill anything...so i dont know what to do.

all help is appreciated

thanks,
richie

Silver Member
Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 116
well...what kind of subs do you have?

what is the voice coil configuration?

now for power wiring...you need to go to a local car audio shop and get a nice amp kit a good one is around 70 bucks...it includes everything you need for wiring...or you can get a good one off of ebay...depending on yur situation 4 guage is usually enough...it gives u room to upgrade later in the future...if you are running a lot of stuff you may want to look into 0/1 guage...once you get the amp kit you need to find a good way to run the power wire from the battery to the back of yur trunk...with my setup i just took the paneling at the bottom of my door frame off and tucked it under there...i ran my power cable and remote turn on wire on one side and the rca's which you plug into the back of yur cd player on the other...i read that it is good to let yur rcas run as far away as possible from yur power cable...it has something to do with interferance...or something anyway...to take your cd player out you can either use the "key" that came with it and push it in and then it pops out...or if you bought yur car used like me and it didn't have a key just use 2 hack saw blades(or anything long and thing) and stick it in the sides the cd player should pop out...on the back...their should be a "rear out" or "sub out" rca jacks plug the rcas into these...then for the romote turn on...their should be a wire comin out of the back of yur cd player that is normally blue...it should have a sticker that says remote turn on or something...or it could be just a blue wire...that isn't connected to anything...test it...get a volt meter and see if it puts out around 12 volts when yur player is on...and then turn it off it shouldn't put out near that...maybe a few volts or close to nothing...if it does that this is yur remote turn on wire...then once you get all this hooked up then all the wiring from the trunk to the front portion of yur car should be completed...now for the ground...don't run the ground from the amp to the battery....alls you have to do is rub a spot with some sand paper to get the paint off..then screw the cable into the metal...c if its a good connection...then all thats left is the speaker wiring...which we can help once we know more about yur setup...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
i have two 12" Infinity 1230w's and an Audiobahn A12005DN amp. im curious about this pulling the floor panel out that you said...see im 16 and my parents are prolly not going to go for the drilling or taking apart my car stuff so im trying to figure out how to wire it without destroying the car and the easiest way to do it also. and the ground wire just screws into the metal of the car???

thanks,
richie

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
also im probably getting the Pioneer DEH-P7700MP HU
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us