PolyFill

Username: Los_y_bar

Post Number: 2
Wondering how much polyfill is too much. What difference does the amount used make for the sound produced. Any helpwould be greatly appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 369
polyfill slows the air down and thus causes the sub to behave as if there is more air space in the box than there really is.
i placed polyfill in my midbass enclosure bcause the box was built a bit smaller than specs.
how much? not certain. i would listen and determine if it is enough.

Bronze Member
Username: Drpthemc

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 35
hey mikechec... if you put pollyfil in a ported box is it bad for the subs?... and also how does it affect the tuning of the box?..

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 373
not sure about the tuning. i have personally never gone ported. i would imagine the fill would be blocking up the port though. not sure, but that's what it seems might happen.

Silver Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 270
The rule of thumb is 1 lb/cuft.

Username: Los_y_bar

Post Number: 4
Thanks for your help, i appreciate it.

Silver Member
Username: Iowahawks19

Post Number: 150
you kno where the term "rule of thumb" came from, back in the early 1900's(1920's especially) it was legal to beat your wife if the stick wasn't thicker then your thumb

just a bit of history for you guys;)

Silver Member
Username: Iowahawks19

Post Number: 151
ray for your Q, no it's not bad if you put polyfill in a ported box, i have it in my ported box(because it's a tad too small) and it helps.

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 131
so knacko are you saying that if i put one pound of polyfill in a box it will make the subwoofer think theirs one extra cubic foot of space in the box?

Bronze Member
Username: Opie_har

Somewhere, One of them USA

Post Number: 76
I think that means that for every cubic foot that your box is, use one pound of polyfill.

Bronze Member
Username: Drpthemc

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 40
hey mike... does adding pollyfil to ur box make the subs sound lower???... and also when ur subs sound low, does that mean its tuned low?

Bronze Member
Username: Invictuz

Seattle, Wa Usa

Post Number: 82
great article on filling enclosure volume.
http://web.archive.org/web/20020808224043/integra.cyberglobe.net/caraudio/resour ces/fiberfill/
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us