TC Sounds inc?

Anonymous

These any good this guy trying to get $1000 for this one sub. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18804%26item%3D5786328836 %26

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 618
honestly that is 1 bad @ss sub and i would say its a good price for it except for the fact that soundsplinter is about to release the rl-s which will use the LMT technology

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2973
Hey Alpine, I haven't looked at SoundSplinter in a while since I decided to get the Avalanhce over the RL-P. When are the LMT motors supposed to be out? I'm really curios to see the specs, and the price.

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 619
i heard by the end of july or august but who really knows :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Basshd

Post Number: 88
Well, that is not the "baddest" 15 inch sub by any means from the TC sounds "prototype's" that were made. For that starting price I would expect to be looking at the SUPER LMT, which that sub up for auction is clearly not. Alas to each his own. The SUPER LMT is capable of 45mm one-way linear excursion. (for those not in the know) As for the new subs that will be using the lmt technology? Can or will they be better than the older prototypes? (since the same designer who built the protoypes does/did not have a hand in the "new" subs that will be using the lmt technology) Only time will tell.

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 368
i have never heard of that sub before. looks nice. i know that TC makes the soundsplinter and used to make the old flatcone ED's. solid build house imo.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4208
The flatcone EDs had a lot of problems, but it's just hard to make a flatcone sub. Voice coil issues mainly. I wouldn't want a sub with 45mm worth of X-max, translates to inductance like a Mofo and a bunch of moving mass from the long coil. Would be fun to watch, though :-). LMT already adds a good bit of inductance as is. Anyway, if you want that sub, it will boil down to if you want function or function in a package that is unique and owned by very few people. If you want something cool, that sub may be for you.

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 374
yeah, i heard one person who has completely disowned ed because of an experience he had with the flat piston (e12A.22 12" i believe). i would have thought that the adjusting of the VC and suspension fixed the fat cone issue.
the sub got rave reviews by tom nousaine that prompted me to find one. but by the time i looked, they stopped making them (now i know why. but they sure looked a bunch better than the V.2's).
but i agree, i would attribute the failure to the flat cone vs just TC. i'm impressed with the Rl's they produce.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4209
What's funny is that it always seemed to be the 12A that had the most problems, you didn't hear a lot of issues with the 10 and 15" models. There is a review on caraudiocentral that showed pictures of the failure that happened to him, it turned out to be the voice coil former, the seam of the former (which was aluminum) began to unravel, then scrape against the magnet structure (making it unravel more) until it eventually led to the wire falling out, leading to either a short or an open circuit. I wouldn't pin it on TC, they do build excellent motors and subwoofers.

Bronze Member
Username: Basshd

Post Number: 91
My bad, my bad, ive talked extensively with the owner and that sub IS the famous SUPER LMT prototype, with about 46-48mm xmax, as for the price? well to each his own, I may end up buying this just for the "uniqueness" of it as only a handful were made (hmmm, maybe 5-6), as per Jonathan's words. Oh yeah here is a link to the video of it in action with about 2k plus watts in a 2.5 cube sealed enclosure(for those of you who had not seen it before)http://www.realmofexcursion.com/videos/TC%20Sounds/lmt15.1.wmv.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us