Better box tune

Silver Member
Username: Langless28

Post Number: 265
what would be a better ported box tune for rock and a lil bit of rap and techno? 33 or 40. sean if u member me talkin about my box that 40hz was a little high of a tune right?

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2964
40 is pretty high. 33 would sound much better, especially for rap.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3149
i agree

Bronze Member
Username: Basshd

Post Number: 86
Out of those choices yes, 33hz is a better choice, just make sure the subwoofer in question has an epb(indicated by the thiele/small parameters) which "likes" ported enclosures and you'll be fine.

Silver Member

Post Number: 269
what about for rock and i have winisd and it shows that epd thing and its right in the middle assuming that it will work in sealed for ported. its a polk momo mm2124

Bronze Member

Post Number: 87
For rock, have you thought about a sealed enclosure? Why do you want to port? Let me know!

Silver Member

Post Number: 272
ive had two other subs both in ported enclosures, so all im use to is ported and i hear ported is better for rock.

Bronze Member
Username: Drpthemc

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 36
what happens when a box is tuned too high?... not good for subs? or what

Bronze Member

Post Number: 92
Tuning high is not really harmful to the sub per say, although with a high tuned enclosure, and playing music with frequencies below tuning will cause the subwoofer to "unload", basically the sub will play as if it is in no enclosure at all(freeair if you will). That can be harmfull, especially if you utilize an amplifier that puts out close to the rated "rms" of the subwoofer and play the amplifier to anywhere near full output.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
Bassfishing, it all depends on the subwoofer in question, but there is no "best enclosure" for rock or rap or any other type of music. It is all in the design of the sub and what your after.

Bronze Member
Username: Drpthemc

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 37
hmm how do you find out what your box is tuned to?... my cousin gave me his box and i dunno what it is tuned to..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us