Subs hit at different times.. i don't know why

Silver Member
Username: Iowahawks19

Post Number: 122
i open up the trunk while listenin to my music and my subs clearly hit at different times, and they don't sound all that clear/good, anyone kno why

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 380
Check the polarity of your subs. Make sure that they are connected properly. If you are using a 2 channel amp with each sub connected to it's own channel try flip flopping the polarity opposite of the other sub. I have had that same problem in the past and that took care of my problem immediately.

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 381
Let me know if that works.

Bronze Member
Username: Shutterleftopen

Columbus, Ohio United states

Post Number: 64
i noticed today that my subs do the same. but the subs aren't connected to different channels. they're bridged.

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 176
if for some reason you have negative to the black terminal and positive to the red terminal (normal) on both and they are misfiring switch one of them around so that one is normal and the other is negative to the red and positive to the black. I had the same problem.

Silver Member

Post Number: 123
yes it's 2 channel and there on there own channel, thanks for the quick feeback guys, im going to go try it now

Silver Member
Username: Ctx

Post Number: 150
if you box that is sealed you could have an air leak which will cause a speaker closest to the leak to move more which makes it look funny like that

Silver Member

Post Number: 126
how much better will it sound once i get them to hit at the same time? because they sound really bad now

Bronze Member
Username: Shutterleftopen

Columbus, Ohio United states

Post Number: 70
i noticed that on mine. there's air coming out of the side of the box on the left side. but it appears that the left sub moves correctly, as if the right sub appears to be off beat.

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 178
on mine, when they were missfiring it sounded like... god knows what in the trunk (and it wasnt loud or bassy at all). The difference is night and day times 10
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us