Manual Switchboard for speakers

Bronze Member
Username: Dr_sharp

USA

Post Number: 29
I've been emailing JBL to make sure that I won't be harming my amps or speakers in doing this and I think that it is plausible. I will have a switchboard in the front somewhere and have them connected to relays in the trunk that will be normally closed. Right now my plans are to throw relays in everywhere including separate relays for each tweeter and even each coax tweeter. If I want to get fancy I can get 4 or 6 pole switches and do a front/rear and L/R switch. This handy mainly because I'm about to throw 2 more speakers onto my 2 channel amp so I'll be loosing my front/rear control...

The only thing this will really do is give me the ability to check each speaker with the flip of a switch. But the main reason I want to do it is so I can say "hey, check out my tweeters" or "check out my 6x9's" or ... you get the point. It should make it a bit easier to detect distortion in the system as well.

Has anyone tried this or seen anything like it before? If not, can anybody see any reason why it wouldn't work or things I might change?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 32
Anyone??? Any comments/suggestions?

The JBL tech guy said that it could be done for sure so long as I don't get cheap switches/relays that would hinder the signal.

Silver Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 274
http://www.the12volt.com/relays/relays.asp

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 33
lol... thank you. But I already know how relays work. I've got a DPDT hooked up to my 6x9's right now but switches are expensive so I'll probably try to get free samples.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us