Whats wrong with L7s =(

Bronze Member
Username: Akloaditigrt21

Post Number: 17
everywhere i see something about solo baric 15s L7s aare they have alotta bass but no sound quality why not?

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 348
they have poor sq. it is more or less a fact, relative to other sq and sql oriented subs.
why is this so? they were produced for spl, but have a poor design, so eventually fail (break) producing that.

Silver Member
Username: Shadylimitedx

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 270
what 1 is better for spl tuned low the l5 or l7

Bronze Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 88
l7 is better

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
dam so L7s will blow in a short amount of time is whar u r saying?

Silver Member
Username: Langless28

Post Number: 267
im not sure about any of kicker but i think they crap out eariler cus they are square and have weak points like the corners. not really sure wish i could be more help.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
hmmm good point never thought about thar square thing i just thought of it as more woofer but i herd they will break easily if u dont break them in properly but i just want to know exackly how bad the sq is

Bronze Member
Username: Livinloud7

Post Number: 20
Its going to matter how the sub is placed, in such type of a box, and the way its measured htz wise. If your looking for any kind of SQ, you may want to avoid the Solo Baric series, and head to the CVR'S if you stay with kicker.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
i already got 2 of those damn cvrs i think theyre 5 or 400 watts rms dey koo in a sealed box i think it is i want some heavy heavy bass but can someone tell me ecackli how bad a L7 solo baric sounds?!?!

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2977
The tinsel leads are also poorly placed. They rub agains the basket when the cone moves, and after a while can break.

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 149
Anything can break...any sub won't sound that great if its not poorly broken in...thats in the car audio rule book...If you want big bass and don't want to spend over $200 per woofer...the L7 gets it done...people tend to forget that you can get these things for less than $200...and people compare them to JL's that are $500+...as far as stress points...many of them have been solved through stronger, lighter materials and better stiching to solve the past cone problem...stress points still exist on the woofer but aren't as bad as past generation square woofers. They aren't the best SQ woofer, but can have good SQ with the right application or you can have the beefiest bass for your money with a large ported...You say you want "heavy heavy bass"?? L7's are an affordable way to get it.

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 365
i agree that usually, some people just want what will sound "good" for the least amount of money. internet brand subs have made it possible to spend less and attain more.
sound splinter rl-p 12"s (for example) will run you 215.00 and sound as much better than the L7 as tony parker's girl looks compared to paris hilton. and they will run just as loud. they are comparable to re's xxx.
why have just spl for a short time when you can have sql indefinately. jmo though.
take a look
http://www.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=83356
http://www.soundsplinter.com/

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
dam homie those sound splinter subs look pretty clean never herd of them before but do any of em handle 1000 watts at lowest 2 ohms if they do show me it plz

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
dam homie those car splinter subs look pretti clean i never herd of em but do any of em handle 100 watts rms at lowest 2 ohms if so show me it plz

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
dam homie those car splinter subs look pretti clean i never herd of em but do any of em handle 1000 watts rms at lowest 2 ohms if so show me it plz

Silver Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 263
I'm putting 1000w to mine and they taking it nicely.

Silver Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 264
Wow, that was a retarded post.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
ur putting 1000 to the kicker or the soundsplinter

Bronze Member
Username: Earl

Lexington, Ky Us

Post Number: 17
i have heard that L7's will mess up on the corners were one corner will be deflated while the others are hitting.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
hmmm time to start a new threw i dont think ima go with L7s no more anyone who can help find this thread Sound Splinter?!?!?!

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 154
ear hall wallace...if that is true, that was a defective sub, and needs to be sent back to be refurbished...all companies have a few of those...even JL, a $600 sub.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us