Alpines

Bronze Member
Username: Shea88

Cartwright, Manitoba Canada

Post Number: 39
Im gonna re post this since no one will reply:@, lol no big deal, anyways I have 2 alpine swr-1042d type r's 4ohm's. each sub has 2 - and 2 +, if i was to go - to - and +to+, then run 1 - and 1 + for each sub, 2 + and 2 - in total what ohm would I be running at?

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 272
if i understand it i think that would be a 1ohm load, but im not sure since the way you worded it is very confusing.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
sorry bout that wireing one sub looks like thisUpload
I need to know what ohm I wud be running at if i did this with 2

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 370
Yes, you would be wiring your subs parallel/parallel and would end up with a 1 ohm load. Why didn't you scroll down a little farther on jl's site and it would have shown you what 2 subs would be?

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 273
ya that would be a 1 ohm load if you did that to each sub then wired it in parrell to the amp like this Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
I dont want to wire them together, I have a channel amplifer,

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
sorry I have a 2 channel amplifer i wa sjus wondering what ohm i wud be running at if i did this

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 372
You have a channel amplifier? Uhhh... a 2 channel amp? If you ACTUALLY have the amp that you said you had in your original post, that is a mono( 1 channel) amp. Which means you do have to wire them together.

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 274
ok im lost, so i have no f-ing clue to what the he11 your talkin about!?!?!?!?!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
O my, the amp isnt a true monoblock amp, it is internally bridged for 2 channels, it has 2 negative and 2 positives, now some say that isnt true, but i called kenwood and the technical told me its internally bridged and that u can run from both like a 2 channel. Now Im wondering what ohm I wud be running at if I was to wire both my alpine type r's like the single diagram i posted above, thank you

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
I explained it, now can someone please jus answer my question, thanx

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 374
OK, now that is really confusing. That is a monoblock amp. Yes both terminals are wired together internally, but it is a 1 channel amp. If that tech guy told you it functions like a 2 channel amp he is an idiot. Just think of it as a mono amp but they just put 2 terminals for convience. SO..... if you wire each sub like you showed above, and hooked each to it's own terminal on the amp, you will end up with a SINGLE 1 ohm load. In other words, it is not stable on your amp. Sorry.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
ok thank you, now why does my amp say its stable at 1 ohm then? and can u please give me a diagram of how the best way to wire them would be

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 275
after all that we find out that his amp isn't 1ohm stable LMAO

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 375
OK, check your manual to be absolutley sure it is stable a 1 ohm. I did notice that link you gave of your amp says it is stable @1 ohm, but just make sure. If it is, then you will be just fine wirign like that and you will be getting double the power out of the amp(supposedly). It says 1000 wrms @1 ohm, so you should be giving 500 wrms to each sub, just perfect. I just find it hard to believe that it is 500 rms@4 ohms, 900@2 ohms and 1000@1 ohm. But that is Kenwood for you.

Bronze Member
Username: Hemiboy

Post Number: 24
Anyway to get it your power measured? I have to kenwood amps the 8152d's that are supposed to be 550w rms each. I know how to measure my ohm load.

Bronze Member
Username: Matt12490

Post Number: 58
"ok thank you, now why does my amp say its stable at 1 ohm then?" i think he said it WAS stable at 1 ohm, dustin.

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 276
read issac w. second to last post at the very bottom "in other words it is not stable on your amp. sorry" that is what he said so i thought that the amp wasn't 1ohm stable so we went through all that work for nothing, but now they say that it is 1ohm stable so i really don't know, but then again i really don't care.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us