Like

Wiring problem or is the sub blown?

 

Dman7_9
Unregistered guest
I have a sony p5 amp about 400w x 1 to an older kicker comp which is about 300w rms. A few days ago during my lunch break as i was driving down the road, my sub suddenly stopped hitting. When i got back to work i checked amp, and it still had power and the fuses were good. I checked the wires to the amp and then from the amp to the box, and from the back of the box to the back of the sub. I didnt hear any cracking and didnt smell anything but the amp has power and the wiring is good so why would it stop playing all of the sudden if it wasnt blown? I then put in one of my friends newer version kicker comp's and they did the same thing within about an hour of play time. Is it a wiring problem? Thanks in advance for you help.
 

Bronze Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 84
Registered: May-05
check the wiring inside the box. the sub is definately not blown. But the amp on the other hand...hard to say at this point.
 

Silver Member
Username: Ctx

Post Number: 152
Registered: Jun-04
loose ground?
« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Facebook

Shop Related Deals

Directory

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us