How do you think NINE 10" Punch 1's would sound???

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 435
Hey, once i can get my currect stuff sold my plan is to buy nine 10" Rockford Fosgate Punch 1's or 2's. Unless i find something else in that price range that is of good quality. I plan on using 3 Triple boxes sealed to the subs specs. All of this will be going in my Monte Carlo. How do you think this would sound??

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2953
Why? Why would you buy nine ten inch subs first of all, and secondly, why would you buy nine Rockfords???? You could buy half as many 12's, and still be louder.

Silver Member

Post Number: 437
12's would take up too much space otherwise i would do that. I am just interested in trying something different. Rockfords are not really my first choice, they are just an option. I would like to just use RE10's, or DLS subs. I just think it would be kind of cool to try something like that. Would you think that it would be even better if i just went with 4 12's??

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2957
I guess my question is what are you trying to achieve? Do you want it to be as loud as possible?

Silver Member

Post Number: 439
I want it to be really really loud, but i want SQ also because i listen to music from Rap to country and i need the low end of rap and i need it to perform really well with fast drum beats of metal. Right now i have 2 15" TDX's and i want something new so i am selling them.

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 139
1.) if you go with 10's especially 9 of them...go with something a little better than rockford punch.

2.) 12's will hit the low end of rap and hip hop better than 10's.

3.) If you can fit 9 -10's, you should have airspace for more than 4 12's...at least 5 or 6...mount on angles to make use of more airspace if you can.

What kind of amps are you planning to run and with how much RMS wattage???

Silver Member

Post Number: 440
I would like to stay under 1000 watts cuz i dont wanna upgrade my alt. I am hoping to get around 800 bucks for my amp and my subs so that is the amount that i will have to spend on the new setup. I might be willing to spend a couple hundred more though. I could probobally go with 6-9 12" subs now that i think of it. I could just do the same thing with the 12's as i could with the 10's. I would just have less room towards the front of the trunk. I really dont wanna go with Rockford anyway to be honest with you. I would rather go with a higher quailty brand, but i need something that is on the budget side if i am going to get this many subs.

Silver Member

Post Number: 441
I could just have 3 Triple boxes aimed up in the back of my trunk, or else 1 aimed back, one aimed up and the other aimed torward the front of the car.

Silver Member

Post Number: 146
or you could have 100 6.5" speakers aimed perpendicularly to the equinox of the earth's rotational axis...j/p...honestly if you are on a budget...rockford isn't bad for the money....but you do have many, many other options too so don't rush, do research and review reading.

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 709
How do you think NINE 10" Punch 1's would sound???

not as good as ONE avalanche 15 lol

or many other subs

Silver Member

Post Number: 442
The 10's are out of the picture at the moment. It was just something that i though would be interesting. I am kind of thinking about going with 6 DLS 12" Classic Subwoofers.

Silver Member

Post Number: 147
how about 6 kicker compVR's...affordable and cheaply powered, yet hit decent and sound decent

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 366
Arent compvr's 400 wrms a peice? With 6 of them that is way over his power limit.

Silver Member

Post Number: 443
I have got DLS Iridium 6.2's and i was thinking about getting the DLS lower model subs. How are DLS Subs??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us