Pushing Alpine R's

Bronze Member
Username: Shea88

Cartwright, Manitoba Canada

Post Number: 35
I recently jus got 2 10" 4 ohm Alpine type R's
(500 rms, 1500 peak), now ive got them in a sealed dual 10" bassworks box wired together at 4 ohms. I have a kenwood kac-x811d amp to run these badboys, in case u dont know the amp heres a link( http://www.techronics.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=2062&a ff=45847) Now these thump pretty decent but I want better, My question to you is this amp running these subs to full or close? Also is there a different way I cud wire them to get more?

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 414
each sub is only seeing like 250 watts so yeh u could get more out of them..they are 4 ohms though so ur gonna have to spend a lil more money to get a 4 ohm stable amp that delivers high wattage like a jl 1000/1.. u could also get each sub there own amp and wire each to 2 ohms

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
each sub has 2 - and 2 +, if i was to go - to - and +-+, then run 1 - and 1 + for each sub, 2 + and 2 - in total what ohm would I be running at?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
sorry i messed up on my last post i mean - to - and then + to +, then run 1 + and 1 - out to the amp for each sub what ohm wud i be running at?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
Can someone please help me?

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 367
If you have 2 dual 4 ohm voice coil subs, the only impedances you can run are 1 or 4 ohms. Unless ofcourse you wire each sub individually then you could have (2) 2-ohm loads. Keep that in mind when you are looking for an amp. BTW, def look for a different amp, Kenwood amps aren't very good.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
what ohm wud i be running at though if i wired each sub like i asked?

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 368
To be honest, I have no frickin clue what you were saying. You might want to try to explain that again.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us