Best Sub for sq

Ironbytes
Unregistered guest
I am looking for the best possible sub for sq. Can anyone give me any suggestions.

Silver Member
Username: W00b

Post Number: 126
I'm not the one to exactly ask, but from what I have collected on this forum, JL seems to be the SQ winner. I would wait for other replies though.

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 707
12w6v2... image dynamics ID max... eclipse Aluminum... ascendant audio atlas... there are many.... all depends on yoru price, how much power you want to use, and how loud you want it to get.

ironbytes
Unregistered guest
I have a crossfire 1000d and under $1000 for price would be great

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 323
Trevor's replies plus:

Adire Brahma MKII
Dayton Titanic MKIII

Bronze Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 66
infinity kappa perfect 12dvq is up there in terms of pure sq in my opinion.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 1545
Get the 12w6v2 and run it at 2 ohms and go ported at 1.5 cu at 32hz or just seal it for added SQ and less SPL. I have a CrossFire VR1000D which i will be using for my 12w6v2 ported as stated above. Then test this amp on my Avalanche 15 which is also a great SQL driver.

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 131
I agree with w6v2's...adire brahma mkII and eclipse aluminum

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2940
I would remove the Eclipse Aluminum. It has great sound quality, but with most subs aluminum or titanium cones, there is sometimes a distinct metallic sound that goes along with bass hits. The sub sounds great, but I would personally stick to treated paper cone subs, sounds much better IMO.

Ironbytes
Unregistered guest
What is the general opinion on 10's vs. 12's. I listen to alot on rock and metal and alittle rap and techo. Would 10's be better because they can react better to the fast bass drum

Bronze Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 89
you don't loose much sq from a 10 to a 12 inch sub. Just stick with a sealed enclosure.

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 354
12" is the standard. it produces a good trade off between low freq extention and "reaction." the sound splinters, for instance, differentiate between their 8-10" and 12-15". the smaller rl-I's are more sq and the larger rl-P's are sql.
i am personally a 12" subwoofer fan

ironbytes
Unregistered guest
Does anyone have any opinion on re's xxx are they any good on sq
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us