Isaac or???? HU question

Bronze Member
Username: Hmpadilla

Gilbert, AZ

Post Number: 47
I know this section is for amps,but it seems to be the most active I'm thinking about getting a new HU and would like your opinion.I'm looking at the Pioneer deh-p7700mp or the Sony cdx-f7715x.For a refresher,I'm cuurently running the stock HU with stock speakers,Hifonics 5ch amp,and a pair of 10" Kenwood subs.Which of these 2 would you recommend? Or can you suggest something in the same price range? (around $200 on ebay)Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 123
out of those two i would get the pioneer but you should also check out the alpine decks

Bronze Member
Username: Winn

Santa Ana, California US

Post Number: 27
with $200 budget, you can get an Alpine Deck from ebay...

Bronze Member

Gilbert, AZ

Post Number: 48
Any particular models from Alpine that you guys would recommend? I had a cheap Alpine deck a long time ago (cassete) that gave me problems from the day I bought it till the day someone did me a favor and stole it out of my truck.Have they gotten better over the years?

Bronze Member
Username: Winn

Santa Ana, California US

Post Number: 29
the best alpine deck model usually CDA x9xx (preamp). but I don't think they they come out with these model anymore. You should look into CDA 98xx, it is the most current model. It all depend what you need (CD, MP3, WMA, ipod, XM radio,etc).
If you plan to install an external Amp in your car, the best is the Pre-amp unit (NO build-in amp). So they can have more space for sound component and the unit doesn't get really hot.

KMARTXR
Unregistered guest
i have the pioneer 4600mp and it works great, i have had friends use pioneer and never had trouble. however if you can get an alpine i would definately go for it. cheap cd-rs wont play in my pioneer but run perfectly in the alpines. so if you are looking for better quality then alpine is the way to go.

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 388
I bought a pioneer last summer, a DEH-P3600. It was like $180 then(i got it for 140 w/rebate). Never has casued me any trouble and I haven't come across a cd-r or rw that it can't play yet. I still have it and it still works great, there are much better out there though.

KMARTXR
Unregistered guest
try an ESA cdr, they are like 6 bucks for 50. see if that plays :-)

im not dissing pioneer as i said i have deh-4600mp. just tends not to play those ESA cheapo cd-rs. everything else works fine.

also, if you know someone who works at best buy, get them to buy it with the employee discount (i got mine that way) my 220 cd player was 120 dollars after that :-)

Bronze Member

Gilbert, AZ

Post Number: 49
thanks for the all the adviceand options
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us