Dual chamber abc box hit harder

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3101
i just pushed the 6.5's harder with 30 rms each as before but turned the volume up more than last time....the last time i hit 104 db in my apartemnt at 64 hz ....this time i hit 109 db in my apartment at 64 hz ...box was in same placement and reading was done in same placement as before and these subs could have hit more

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 702
thats awesoem... are you going to try them out in a car? because im not too familiar with how a home theatehr reading campares to a car audio reading. i just know subs hit a lot harder in a car.

oh and btw, as soon as my brother lets me use his pickup im going to go get the supplys for the avalanche ABC box ... im so excited lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 3104
Trevor lets just say the guy's 130.3 db reading in the car was no lie on 100 rms. Trevor also make sure you break the subs in before you totally slam them. Thats why im playing them in my apartemnt till my amp gets hooked up in my car. Ps...if your box performs like mine best hit wise youll hit at 40 hz like crazy your box is tuned at 20 hz and an octave apart would be 40 hz and if your bass boost is at 40 hz holy cow.

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 704
thats awesome, but yes i am looking for extreme loudness from a avalanche... my goal is to hit 145 or more and i think its very possible especially with your help. and two, to hit lower than any1 in my town... i dont think there is any system around here thatwill be able to touch me in dropping low... again also thanks to your help. a 20hz tune is amazing...

question sean, i just want to test my sub freeair for like 1 minute to just see it move lol.. im using a DJ amp pushing 350rms at 4 ohms bridged... can i hook this up to just one of the voice coils which will drop it to a 2ohm load but since im only using it for like 1 minute and im definetly not going even close to full volume i shouldnt hurt the sub or amp right?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3106
dont do that youll prob damage your subwoofer

Gold Member

Post Number: 3107
in all honesty if two 6.5's can hit 130.3 on 100 watts rms id expect youll have NO problem hitting 145 db

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 705
lol... thats good 8)

i already did that to the sub lol... i didnt turn it up past 2 notches... the amp would turn off... i guess the sub is too manly lol... cant wait til i have enough money for the JL 1000/1 ...

Gold Member

Post Number: 3110
hooking one coil on a dual voice coil sub isnt good. Neither is going below the dj amps recommended ohm load which is why it shut off. Although my onkyo reciever is only 6 ohm stable but take my cerwin vega 12 inch dx 7's daily and doesnt shut off ever and they are 4 ohm home speakers but 2 ohms on a dj amp is asking alot.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3111
excellent choice using the jl 1000 because the power output stays the same no matter what ohm load it sees plus the amp had adjustment on the bass boost center and subsonic filters...altho i doubt youll need it lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 3112
but i only set the ports up for 800 rms but shouldnt be too bad at 1000 rms

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 708
whats going to be the difference?? should we make a slgiht change because of the 1000w rms im going to be putting to it... which actually, the amp can push 1100w rms...

Gold Member

Post Number: 3117
oh no you dont im not changing those ports its not just a quick change you should be ok just might have a little port noise over 800 rms

Gold Member

Post Number: 3118
the dual chamber that guy gave the plans for has more port volocity than your box will at 1100 rms im sure but my triple chamber wont have that problem cuz im gonna do the work so it doesnt

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 710
thats cool.... but about port noise... will i be able to hear the port noise?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3123
prob not unless your close to them and i doubt you will be in that escalade...my tangbands are in look at my post
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us