Subs only work when they want too....;\

Username: Robv12

Post Number: 1
Ok, this is really beginning to piss me off..i have 2 MTX Thunder 9500's in sledgehammer enclosures with their specified MTX Thunder 8015d Amplifiers....i spent a shitload of money on this. For a while, everything was fine, then one day everything stopped working. The amps still got power...but i tried blaming them anyway figurng maybe...just maybe i blew the channels out of the amps...but BOTH amps? come on you know? so i tried blaming the subs...well after about a week i decided to hook everything up in a buddys car...and everything worked FINE...i was like WTF????? then i hooked it back up in my car...and it didnt work...i drove around for a while and suddenly the subs started working again....then when i shut my car off and went home...then got out and started it up again they didnt work...im thinking MAYBE something with my battery? not getting sufficient power somewhere? sounds stupid but ive tried everything...if anyone knows of maybe a wiring problem?> cuz they work in my friends car with no flaws...anyone with any suggestions i will test...thx

-Rob

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 276
they might be underpowered, some amps turn off when they get a lower voltage than they need to operate under, you might need a new alternator and maybe a new regulator but to be sure go to a car audio shop, have them test your voltage level and how strong your alternator is cuz those subs suck a ton of juice and youll need enough to power them or they wont work right

Silver Member
Username: Tbone

OK United States

Post Number: 185
I would start with a total system wiring test. Check your ground, is the connection tightly grounded? Check your remote on/off, power, and even change the inline fuse, it might look good but is not passing enought current. Also, check your speaker connections, are they screwdown, or wire? Try all this first, then procede with bacon's suggestion of taking it to an audio shop.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us