Kicker or jl

Silver Member
Username: Shadylimitedx

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 258
what will sound louder an travel more 1 12 kicker l7 with 1 1500watt hifonics http://www.woofersetc.com/product.asp?0=295&1=296&3=2044&addtocartmess=1 http://www.woofersetc.com/product.asp?0=337&1=343&3=2412 or 2 jlw3v2s an the jl 500/1 http://www.woofersetc.com/product.asp?http://www.woofersetc.com/product.asp?0=31 4&1=318&3=14740=314&1=315&3=219

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 260
the kicker would be slightly louder but the jl's will sound a lot better

Silver Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 259
i want spl i want it 2 bang in the car while bein heard far away

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3080
Scott no one can tell you which is going to travel farther. Youve asked that question many many times Please (kindly) stop asking. And sounding loader isnt a matter of those brand names if you want my straight opinion its install install install. You have asked me about so many brands and the same question over and over.

Bronze Member
Username: Shutterleftopen

Columbus, Ohio United states

Post Number: 59
honestly man. i don't understand why so many people want their systems to be so loud.i mean yeah i can see whating that sh*t to bang, but if it's all spl and no sq...then what's the point in having even a radio? i don't know. maybe it's just me, but i'd much rather have a sub that has good sq than a sub that has good spl

Silver Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 260
well i keep ppl sayin sum r better than others an $hit an theres is better than any1 elses an i want 2 be loud as hell iam srry 4 posted about it ill just call the local shop an ask

Gold Member

Post Number: 3092
Josh I understand what your saying and I have thought back over all my systems and what I liked and disliked and I came up with one answer that covered all the bases...BALANCED SOUND..if it doesnt sound just as good low as it does high keeping with my phrase...BALANCED SOUND what happens you turn the volume louder to compensate or you set the gains trying to make up for it and loose out for when you want to crank the stereo. On top of it all you have to buy more pieces/parts to correct whats whats wrong. Then there's current supply issues when you really go nuts and thats why a good planned well thought out install comes first instead of add this add that or ill just add more power. Just food for thought peeps.

Silver Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 239
If you want insane loud and cheap, buy a pair of 18" Avalanches, and put it in a couple of TL's.

You'll be able to hear the wave about 6 miles away on a windless, cool day.

But your car will explode if you could actually fit the 70cu.feet of enclosures in there.

Silver Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 261
cant fit a 18 only about 12s an a 15 any thing else i can get

Silver Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 263
atlease a mile away will b go0d an iam willing 2 spend 800$ to a grand on amps an sub or subs 1 or 2 12s

there
Unregistered guest
scott get the kickers 15 l5 in a ported box with at least 1600 watts the box should be 4.5 that will put people to shame and if u worry about sq then get tons of higs

Anonymous

I have one L7 in a Ported Box and it sounds good but if you want to be heard a mile away your going to need more than one. Ive heard the 15" L7s in a ported box and they are crazy but slightly more expensive than i wanted to spend.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3533
well said Sean!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3096
Thanks James....this is partially why im looking into the deeper aspects of box design as well.

Silver Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 266
i dont care bout sq all spl just 1 kicker l5 or l7 what 1 is better

Anonymous

L7 is better.

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 124
alright get 2 15" L7 of ebay..thats 400 bucks...then get somehting like a Hifonics amp thats around 300...put the sh!t in your car and its gonna sound like @ss but at least it will be hella loud

Anonymous

was that really Necessary

the one 1
Unregistered guest
the only thing that will sound like as is your sq systems of 50 6x9 and 10 inc woffer made to listen to pink floyd wile taking ashit a bass tone is a bass tone if your ride is not rattling to the beat then you would hear a clean beat every one said the rite box good sound and it true and a s load of edead or dyanamat and it will sound clean.

Silver Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 267
what u mean if i get the l7s it will sound like @ss u mean the sq casue i dont car eabout the sq i just want 1 15 or 1 12

the one 1
Unregistered guest
one 15 dog and go with the l5 other need more power and cost more and it wont be a noticble diff frome l5 and l7

Silver Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 268
http://www.woofersetc.com/product.asp?0=337&1=343&3=1666 an the hifonics 1500

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 268
if all you want is spl get shocker audio sigs they might cost a lot more than those L7's but i gurrantee that they will kick there a$$ in spl
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us