Upgrade Question

Username: Bu47db

Post Number: 1
I currently have 2 Fosgate Hx2's, and a JBL bp.1200 amp (running at 1 ohm), and a red-top battery in the trunk. I am looking for a new car, and would like to upgrade the sounds as well. I was thinking maybe one JL 13 W7, and a JL 1000/1 amp, but i'm not sure. Would this be a noticable difference from what i already have? If not, any and all suggestions on a possible better setup would be appreciated! Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Bdb_86

Bemidji, MN Usa

Post Number: 55
well i must say as much as i love fosgate i think that the JL 13W7 well blow them away but i know anything about how many watts or ohms the JL13's are so i dont know about the amp but other than that what you have think is fine what size are the Hx2's

Username: Bu47db

Post Number: 2
the Hx2's are 12's. its kinda funny how car audio is almost addictive. i was real happy with the set-up at first, but now i want more! lol

Bronze Member
Username: Dan3

Post Number: 17
Robert, i'm getting that same feeling!, at first i started small i was like the bass is so loud, then you get used to it, so you need more, so i get more that hurts my ears, and now its sounds normal, so i need even more bass!

Silver Member
Username: Newb

Post Number: 125
lol, yeah its called neurologic hearing loss. i only have 300w to my sub and im trying to resist the temptation to upgrade too.

Big Joe
Unregistered guest
Robert, the 13w7 would be a very big difference from the hx2's you already have. with the jl 1000/1. It is insane! awesome setup.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 298
you would probably be hitting 135+ dB with a 13w7 and 100/1 probly even more SPL if you have it in a slot ported box

anywez, the 1000/1 actually put out about 1200w rms so it would NOT be any different than your BP1200.1 as far as current draw goes

both would draw ~110A continous

Silver Member
Username: Hydro

Orlando, Florida

Post Number: 175
Robert there would be a bug differnce with the change over to JL the biggest would be Sound Quality which is very important to most people SPL might be just below what the Hx2's were. With JL 1000/1's Regulated Power Supply another advantage of this amp is less current draw than most Amps plus the JbL 1200 watt amp is known for being a current draw monster.

Silver Member
Username: Hydro

Orlando, Florida

Post Number: 177
bug:big
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us