How biggadifference?

the one 1
Unregistered guest
is it realy true? that you will get soooo much more spl from a ported box? as aposed to a sealed?
This is the thing i have a few cars and well it like this in one 2 ported 15 l5 kickers - in another 2-12 com vr sealed and in my other 1 jl w7 13 the kickers by far are the loudest
should i go and get another jl and if i do should i port it?? will i lose the sq frome the jl by porting it? i want to be louder then the kickers but sound as good as jl??? can it be done yousing the subs i have???

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2320
You usually gain around 3 DB's changing to a ported box, so if you have 2 subs, thats 6 DB's louder. You lose some sq changing to a ported box though.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3078
no yuo dont loose sq going ported if you do it right

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2327
Lol... sorry, I forgot you're the box wizzard... j/k
Sean is the one who knows boxes.
What happens when the sub goes below the boxes tuned frequency, I'd think it wouldn't sound that good?

Silver Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 237
Below tuning frequency, the subwoofer starts to lose backpressure from the port. It quickly changes to almost a free-air enviroment, causing overexursion.

Silver Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 238
You can have almost equal sq from a ported and sealed, but you cannot achieve the bandwidth of the sealed with a ported.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2334
Got you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us