What Sub for JL 1000/1 ?

Username: Swimminaggie

Post Number: 2
Hey yall, I've got 2 12" Alpine R's runnin off 1 JL 1000/1; one of my subs have blown due to a nice little scratch one of my friends accidently put in it before i got the sub guards (recomend...) , and i've been lookin to upgrade the subs anyway so I cant decide between getting 1 W7, or 1 mtx 9500? Anybody have a suggestion to either of those, or anything better? I only have about $600 I would like to spend. THanks!

Silver Member
Username: Tbone

OK United States

Post Number: 182
Those screens look killer. I think I would use a 2 sub setup for convience, and budget. If you switch to a one sub setup, you have to purchase a new box. Why not re-use your old box, and take the money you save and put it toward purchasing two good subs? Check around online, maybe you could swing a good deal on two JL's to match your amp, and if not the Adire Shivas are around $125.00 and would drop right in your box, but with your amplifier, I would hold out for the JL's of step up from the shiva's to brahma's.

Username: Swimminaggie

Post Number: 3
Thanks for the compliment, I did the screens myself ( www.cardomain.com/id/swimminaggie ) I am planning on building a new box myself, the amp will be on the flooring or the seat (havvnt decided yet), and the sub, most likely inverted in a plexiglass box I will build. The box I have now is made especially for the Alpine R's, and is quite a small box, depth wise, any larger sub, such as the W7 will not fit.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us