My alpine isn't working right?? what's the matter?

Bronze Member
Username: Shutterleftopen

Columbus, Ohio United states

Post Number: 50
well i bought an alpine CDE-9843 a few months ago. and for a while it was working fine. yesterday i was listening to it and all of a sudden the music started to cut out. and it just kept getting worse and worse. today i went to look at it and when you turn the cd player on nothing comes out of the speakers. my amp isn't turning on for the subs and the speakers where the factory ones went aren't giving anything out either. what is it? the cd player will turn on. and is fine. it's just not giving any power to the speakers or turning the amp on.

please help me. thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Tbolt

Atlanta, GA

Post Number: 27
the same thing happened to me and my pioneer deck. The installer said something about the grounding being faulty, but im not sure if thats whats happening to your alpine

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
but if the ground was faulty...then wouldn't that of meant that when i had my origional radio in the car it would have shut off too because it used the same ground?

could it be a fuse or something in the car?

Bronze Member

Atlanta, GA

Post Number: 28
I was thinking the same thing ,but whatever the man did its fixed. if you have a warranty you could send it back for repair

Bronze Member

Atlanta, GA

Post Number: 29
this may be the problem https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/144038.html

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
i figured out what the problem was. my remote wire from my amp got disconnected. i don't know why though that would also make the factory replacement speakers not work?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us