Clarion CD player

Unregistered guest
Hi I recently got a clarion cd player and from it the power antenna lead got grounded to the frame and now the cd player turns on exactly like it should and everything seems to work fine powers the sub and everything but no sound is going to the speakers they do not play a thing i took the cd player out and the ground wire was disconnected so if I just moved it around in the air I could get some sound from my speakers but it was all crackily and everything and so I turned it off grounded it properly but still no sound coming from my cd player is there anything I can do or is my cd player fried and I need a new one.

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 681
The power antenna lead was grounded to the frame? It shouldn't even be hooked up unless there is a power antenna, and if there was, the wire shouldn't be touching the frame...

derek crombie
Unregistered guest
The power antenna lead got ground to the amplifier so did this fry the amps sound output or what.

Silver Member

Post Number: 725
The power antenna lead is hooked up to the amplifier? Make sure you have the remote wire hooked up to the amplifier, it is blue with a white stripe.

derek crombie
Unregistered guest
yeah the remote is all hooked up fine but there was two wires running to the back along with the rcas one was the remote and one was labelled ground so I hooked up the wire which i thought was ground to the amplifier but to my suprise it was power antenna lead so it grounded out now my speakers dont work is there anything i can do or should i just buy a new deck thanks for your help

Silver Member

Post Number: 727
Ah, yeah, your deck is probably ruined-most likely the output IC...i'm sorry that had to happen to you, man! What was the model number on the deck?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us