Glasswold james, whomever, what would the perfect sub be...

Bronze Member
Username: Stylnul

Vicky ville, CA US

Post Number: 77
now im not necessarily talking realistic, but if you could create a perfect sub, what would their specs be? higher sensitivity with a low wattage? resonance be real low? would it be a 12? or a 15? i dont know, i jsut wanna see what your guys' cadillac of subwoofers would be.

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2312
Depends on the application. An sq sub... yes, high senseitivity... with low watts. Hmmmm that kind of sounds like JL doesn't it.:-) lol I'd also make it a 12.

Bronze Member

Vicky ville, CA US

Post Number: 78
but wouldnt you want a spl sub that has alot of sq?

Bronze Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 17
The perfect sub would be a tiny, tiny subwoofer that had the output SPL of a volcano. Probably around 300,000,000 watts RMS. ;) And, with cold fusion, it could happen. :-P Being able to run an infinite amount of power through a perfect conductor at "absolute zero", there would be NO resistance, and NO heat. heh heh.

Upload

Bronze Member

Vicky ville, CA US

Post Number: 79
i retract my previous statement, make it somewhat realistcic

Bronze Member
Username: Tbolt

Atlanta, GA

Post Number: 31
it would be this 3" sub with the sound of at least a 10" or 8" Upload

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2317
I was just trying to keep it realistic. But yeah, have a 12, that can reach in the 160 DB range with only 15/2000 watts rms, and still sound great! Oh, and the most important thing, only cost, around $500... not in the $1000's

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3521
How about one that was impossable to blow? I kinda like that idea. I also agree with Taylor, a sub that was small say 8inches tops, have very small peramiters like .25 cu/ft, high sensitivity, ID max SQ with RE mt SPL low power handling what taylor said was good 15/2000 and cost is same as taylor as well. ohh yeah one more thing a switch for multiple Voice Coil configurations so you can run it at any impedence you want that would be kind of cool lol!

Bronze Member

Vicky ville, CA US

Post Number: 80
ok thanks guys i'll give your info to infinity, copy id max, and RE and make the perfect 9.8473 inch sub ever with.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2321
lol haha
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us