Jonathan.. sq driven ported box..

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 404
jonathan(or anyone else who can exlpain your always saying ported boxes "can" have better sq than sealed... id like a lil more thump outa my system right now and retain the sq.. so is there any specific shape the box has to have? slot port or round?? or does it just depend on airspace of the box in relation to the sub.. it is 2 alpine r's .. alpine has the "optimum vented box" measurements in the spec sheet should i just go with that or what

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4201
Big port volume. Slot or round isn't a big issue as long as you prevent port turbulence, which means a large port surface area. Second is to tune the box low enough so that you limit the excursion of the driver at the lower frequencies that you plan to run (usually means tuning in the high 20s). That depends on the resonant frequency of the subwoofer. What size Type R is it?

Silver Member

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 407
it is a 12 dual 2 ohm 05's.. alpine suggests 1.7 cu gross volume.. the sub will accually have 1.3 cu ft.. so do u suggest i go at a higher volume box ,, or just the port volume larger due to a lower tune...

Silver Member

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 408
sorry i forgot one thing.. is it important to keep the port length within a certain area?? just a thought

Silver Member

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 413
^bump :-)

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2946
You should always have your sub in a box with the recommended volume. You shouldn't just simply make the box bigger or smaller to change the tune. The box tune lies in the port area and volume.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us