Hifonics BX1205D Fuse rating

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 411
This amp has a fuse rating of only 80 amps. It is suppose to be a 1200 watt amp so how can the amp not blow immediately when turned up loud???

Silver Member

Post Number: 413
bump

Silver Member

Post Number: 415
bump

Silver Member

Post Number: 417
come on, someone has to freaking know whats up with the amp!!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 114
i think the fuse is just in case the amp has some kind of short circuit so as long as anything doesnt go wrong with the amp it shouldnt matter...but i dont really know anything about fuses so i could be completely wrong

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2307
Me either, but my RF 800 watt amp has 3 40A fuses. You would think that the 1205D would be bigger!

Silver Member

Post Number: 419
Thats exactly what i am trying to figure out!

Silver Member
Username: Iowahawks19

Post Number: 110
i wish i could help chris, but it sounds very unlikely that that amp puts out 1200w rms with a 80amp fuse, i myself am looking at it just to get 800watts out of it

Silver Member

Post Number: 420
Do you think it could just be super efficient???

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3070
sorry to point this out but 80 amps times 14.4 volts is 1152 watts and your luck if that amp is more than 80 percent efficient so now your down to 921.60 watts rms

Silver Member

Post Number: 421
I thought Hifonics rated their stuff somewhat accurately, was i really wrong, or is it just this specific amp??

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 119
ive heard that the hifonics brutus amps were really close to their stated RMS..what series is that amp?

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2319
Sean... how did you get that number? I'd like to get an idea on my amp...

Gold Member

Post Number: 3072
from what I think ive read class d is about 80 percent efficient and class a/b amps are anywhere from 50 to 60 percent efficient so multiply amps times 14.4 volts and you get 100 percent efficiency minus losses for the class amp and you get a good idea of the true rms power it can produce.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3073
and if your voltage drops you loose power as well

Gold Member

Post Number: 3074
So as you can see power is one thing but maintained voltage is another. So making the most efficient use of your amplifiers power is very much to your best intrest. Hence the improtance of of a good install and good thought on your current system limitations such as your alternator. Anything beyond what the alternator can give is taken at the cost of voltage and then your drawing from your cars battery to compensate. just to give you an example 80 amp draw times 14.4 is minus the 20 percent loss on a class d amp is 921.60 but drop the voltage to say 13 volts now your down to 832 rms.

Silver Member

Post Number: 422
This is all getting to be too much for me. I have a 15" TDX, what is the best amp i could do with a 100 amp alternator and stock elecrical?????

Silver Member
Username: Iowahawks19

Post Number: 121
while on the topic of hifonics... are they any good? i heard they go into clipping, and that the brutus line is the only amp to get from them, but im also lookng at a zues

Gold Member

Post Number: 3079
Chris...What kind of power handling and what ohm are they and are they single or dual voice coil? Chris if you want to know Id be happy to take the time to explain anything you dont understand.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2326
Outch, my voltage sits around 11/12V... my amps are too big for the alt.
So, my amp has 3 40A fuses, and is Class a/b... I think, 2 channel. I'm looking at a grand total of... Hmmmmmm

Silver Member

Post Number: 425
The TDX's are dual 2 ohm, i actually have 2 of them and i know that i would never be able to properly power both of them. They can take 1500 rms actually. This is all just really getting to me, i have had them for 6 months with such a small amp and the sound really good, but i know they can bo SO MUCH BETTER. Now i am thinking about just ditching this whole idea and selling them and getting a DLS Iridium 15" Sub. My AIM is ffxdevilarms666 if you would like to talk, i am really new to car audio and this is my first system.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3081
go ahead and do the math for me taylor.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3082
by the way you keep your voltage there taylor and youll be looking at a new battery and alternator if you keep that kind of draw up.

Silver Member

Post Number: 426
hey sean, could we maybe talk in AIM, it is much easier to have a conversation.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2330
Lol... I go through the battery's thats for sure... I'll just get my dad to buy a HO alt if this one ever goes out... I'll have my power ratings for you in a jiffy.:-) lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 3090
my gel cell lated about two years hammering it but it wasnt new when i got it....i will tell you this I RESPECT optima gel cell batteries and i had just the red top ..they are all that and a bag of chips

Gold Member

Post Number: 3091
but three amps will bo that to a battery lol....and that was not much on time either but then again i do have a total of 250 amps worth of fuses

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2333
Lol... that will prob be the next battery I buy... a yellow top.

Bronze Member
Username: Redrazor

Fort Walton Beach, Fl

Post Number: 14
I just got the Hifonics tx1505d, it has two 60's on it, and it's rated 1500rms @ 1ohm. I don't see it giving a voltage input anywhere to match that up against BUT 1500watts at 120amps would be 12.5volts. Now as far as how well it actually preforms It'll be awhile till I get it installed? Did you get your amp new?

Bronze Member
Username: Redrazor

Fort Walton Beach, Fl

Post Number: 15
ok I saw a spec sheet for it. It's only supposed to have an 80 in it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us