Looking for Good Component....

Silver Member
Username: Redrange

Mo Hill, California

Post Number: 168
I was looking at A/D/S 236's, infinity kappa perfect 6.1,kicker rs, alpine sps-171 A, Boston sl65 and fs60, and lastley focal 165 ca??? As you can tell lokking for a set under around 200...want is to sound good with2 12' atlas sealed in an suv... Lemme know wut good brand quality and performance

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2294
Well, I'm not an expert on speakers, but I have the Infinity Kappa's, and they are pretty freaking loud, too bright if you ask me. If you go with pretty much any of the ones you listed, they should sound good. I know MB Quart makes some good components, you might want to check them out as well.

Bronze Member
Username: Tbolt

Atlanta, GA

Post Number: 25
Are the mtx components really comparable to focal and mb quart

Bronze Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 80
kappa's are excellent...i have them...turn the higher end of your eq down on your headunit...otherwise it can sound bright...but they have nice solid midbass and snappy midrange...focal is expensive, mb quart is pretty good...phoenix gold came out with some nice components too. i would go with infinity...i never go with anything else...check out the 60.7cs (great reviews)

Silver Member

Mo Hill, California

Post Number: 169
i was really looking into the perfects but some people have told me ill need to buy a new pair every 3 months bcuz they blow really easy...and anyone know a site where i can find/read up on mb quart and rainbow?

Silver Member

Mo Hill, California

Post Number: 170
also some guy was mentioning dine to me or sumtin like that anyone heard of that maker??? supposedly they run pretty pricey but just curious about them??? And wut about image dynamics???

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 402
i think you might be thinking of Dynaudio. I have heard from many that they are one of the best, but it will cost ya though.

Silver Member

Mo Hill, California

Post Number: 171
Ya im not looking to spend over $300 bucks and my main resource of buying is ebay lol any input would be awsome-infinity are looking nice, but now looking into mb quart, and focal, and even boston

Silver Member

Post Number: 403
I have got a pair of DLS Irdiums and they are extremely nice, expensive though too. I would consider looking into DLS as an option as well. I can give you the name of the guy i got all of my stuff off of from ebay. He gave me all of my stuff at a little over dealer cost. Just let me know, ok?

Silver Member

Mo Hill, California

Post Number: 172
DLS ya give me some info on them that would hel me out cuz i have some brands narrowed down now

Silver Member

Post Number: 405
go to dls.se It is there site and will list off alot of info about there products.

Silver Member

Mo Hill, California

Post Number: 173
yea but where can i buy...and do u have the 3 way or 2 way?

Silver Member

Mo Hill, California

Post Number: 174
actually how much so i know the price range here...i like the specs on the 2 way but wut do they run?

Silver Member

Post Number: 406
I have the 2 way iridiums, i got them for 450, but most sell them for 750. They make a lot different components and range from 100 dollars up to 1125 for the 3 way iridiums with an 8" driver. They make like 25 different set of components.

Silver Member

Post Number: 407
The iridiums are out of your price range in this case. I just wanted to let you know that DLS make great stuff and they make alot of different components for you to choose from. What are you planning on using for an amp??

Silver Member

Post Number: 408
go to infiniteaudio.com to see the different prices for them. If you see something you like around 200 dollars let me know and i can give you the email and ebay name for the guy i got my stuff from. He owns his own shop and access to many high end brands.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
If you need to buy a new Infinity Kappa component set every 3 months, your insane. I have the 60.7cs now and have always used their coaxials. They are quality. i've gotten the 60.7cs 2 months ago and sounds great. The coxials, i've had for 2 years, no problems...taking 70 watts rms (140 max)...and sound incredible.

Silver Member

Mo Hill, California

Post Number: 175
ok cool thanks man

Silver Member

Mo Hill, California

Post Number: 176
good to hear cuzi mightget the 6.1 perfects

Silver Member

Mo Hill, California

Post Number: 177
hey chris that site doesnt work

Silver Member

Post Number: 409
sorry bout that. It is infinitecaraudio.com

Silver Member

Mo Hill, California

Post Number: 178
but if he can get me a solid set at like $200-300 ill get it

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
6.1 perfects are good...i have the new 60.7cs...take a look at those too...they have better reviews than the 6.1 perfects with less power handling...they are more sensitive...and cheaper too...6.1 perfects have 2 year old technology that is excellent, however the 60.7cs is new infinity technology released only a few months ago, yet still cheaper...think about both.

Silver Member

Mo Hill, California

Post Number: 179
why would something cheaper be better though retail? You would think 6.1 wouod be better? ca u xplain a bit more im interested

Silver Member

Mo Hill, California

Post Number: 180
chris do u have an aim?i have a few questions

Silver Member

Post Number: 412
ffxdevilarms666

Silver Member

Mo Hill, California

Post Number: 181
Ryan can u elaborate more on the inifity u have

Bronze Member

Post Number: 92
I have the Infinity Kappa 60.7cs. I have 2 pairs and then 2 pairs of the coaxials. They sound absolutely amazing. I run them with a 2 - Kicker SX700.4's...I've heard the 6.1's before, the 60.7's sound faster (midrange). They will also sound louder with less power because of the sensitivity. I definitely can't complain. So far the 60.7cs's have been great. It's ultimately your call, but 60.7cs's do the job for me. If you go with the 6.1's...you'll need more power, more amps, and more $...your decision
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us