Sub to Bridge

Username: Phenixdragon

Post Number: 2
I am about to pick up 3 MTX Thunder6000s that are 4 ohms. I am also looking at picking up the Audiobahn A8002T. I am told by the shopt hat has the MTXs that right now they are wired on a 4 ohm load and that I could use a 2 channel amp bridged to 4 ohms or if I had a mono amp with 4 ohms.

Now anohter shop told me I can not use a 2 channel amp that is bridged at 4 ohms for a sub. Is that true? Can I use a 2 channel amp bridged for the subs? The subs are singal coils and not dual.

Thanks!

Bronze Member
Username: Winn

Santa Ana, California US

Post Number: 16
brian.. I don' really know how they connected 3 4ohm driver to get 4ohm output.. it's sound impossible.. With 3 drivers 4ohm/each, you will get the following output.
Serie ---> 12ohm
parallel ---> 1.33ohm
parallel and serie ---- > 2.67ohm

now you should know which amp you're looking for

Silver Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 228
The audio shops in your area are retarded. Both of them are wrong with some very simple concepts

3 4ohm SVC subwoofers making a 4ohm load? It's impossible. The only load you can achieve is 1.34ohms.

Of course you could bridge a 2 channel amp to run subwoofers. Why else would they make them bridgeable for a mono signal?

The amp you have chosen will not work with 3 subwoofers. It won't take the load. Try to find a mono amp that is 1ohm stable and puts out around 1000wrms.

Post Number: 3
Thanks for the info. Somone else at the shop with the subs did say it was hooked up at 2.67 ohms. Could I also just look for a 2 ohm amp?

Username: Earl

Lexington, Ky Us

Post Number: 3
if you have any questions on wiring options visit www.rockfordfosgate.com and visit the woofer wiring wizard it really helps me out

Post Number: 4
Very nice. I will stop by there tonight to pick up the box and speakers and then see if I can get their final virdict. Thanks for the info, it helps alot. :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Winn

Santa Ana, California US

Post Number: 17
yes brian, you can hook it up with 2.67ohm and have a MONO 2ohm stable amp, it will work fine and less expensive than 1 ohm stable (very expensive).

Silver Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 230
No you can't. The only configuration you can hookup safely is 1.34ohms.

Post Number: 6
I swear i just posted twice already what I am about to ask agian but I do not see it posted.

I found out the subs are 1 coil 12 ohm. What they told me today that it will be a 4 ohm hook up to the amp. Is that true?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us