Quick Question

IdontlikeJL
Unregistered guest
I was wondering if it's possible to wire 2 4ohm DVC subs to 2 ohms. If I were to only use 1 voice coil from each sub, since each voice coil is 4 ohms, that would make it a 2 ohm load..correct?

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 331
DO NOT DO IT. You will kill your sub, PERIOD. So no, there is no way to wire 2 DVC 4-ohm subs to 2 ohms.

Bronze Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 72
You can't just wire one of the voice coils and not the other. It's a power imbalance. It's a good way to damage the sub. For your situation:

a Mono amp = impossible (has to be wired to 1 or 4 ohms)

a 2-channel amp = impossible (same as above)

a 4 channel amp = this is doable...bridge it and then you will have 2 channels. You can wire it in parallel to get a 2 ohm load. The problem is that when bridged most amps put out their power in 4 ohms, not 2 ohms. So choose carefully.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 73
a 2 channel amp is doable if you don't bridge it...then it is the same situation as a 4 channel bridged

Bronze Member

Post Number: 74
so look into a 2 channel amplifier to run your subs. AGAIN, DO NOT WIRE ONLY ONE OF THE VOICE COILS.

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 332
Ryan, what the hell are you talking about? There are many mono amps that can be run @ 1-ohm(or 4-oms, but you will lose power). And you can bridge a 2 channel amp @ 4-ohms. Honestly WTF are you saying? idontlikejl, do not buy a 4 channel amp. Look for a 2 channel amp. Wire both of your subs in series/parallel so you get a final 4-ohm load. Then bridge your 2 channel amp. You will be getting full power out of the amp and it will be the best option.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
i'm saying exactly what you just said isaac...the man wants a 2 ohm load, not a 1 or 4 ohm load
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us