I have an issue..

IamChris
Unregistered guest
ok, i have an issue. i recently bought an alpine type-R, its the SWR-1242D model, and an Alpine MRD-M605 amp. i have the sub wired to 2ohms, and its gettin a little over 600 watts RMS. now here is where my problem is. whenever i have my volume turned up to around...40 (it goes to 62), i hear a popping noise from the sub. its not a crackling or static like noise, but more of a sound like its getting caught, or catching, or somethin. i dont know what it is, is the amp clipping? or what?

Silver Member
Username: Dankman

South Bend, Indiana United States

Post Number: 217
Turn down your amp, my buddies two w6v2's were doin the same thing and they had to Turn down his gain a little and retune everything.

IamChris
Unregistered guest
i tried that..and it still pops..like on notes with alot of excursion..could it be the box? could it be hitting the back of the box? maybe its moving a bit TOO much? and if thats the case, how would i wire a sub backwards..so the back is sticking out of the box?

IamChris
Unregistered guest
the amp is pushing 600 watts to it...is that too much for the type R to handle?

Silver Member
Username: Dankman

South Bend, Indiana United States

Post Number: 218
It's not the box its a little too much power i believe, they handle 500rms soo its about 100rms over, try to do your cd player settings or have a professional set your gains and frequency.

Silver Member
Username: Daddy_phat_sack

Post Number: 275
your motor or whatever that thing is, is hitting the back of the magnet.... turn the volume down. that should fix it

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2289
Yup, it sounds like you're sub is bottoming out. It only does it on really deep bass right? You could turn the amp/HU down, or go to a smaller box.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us