Alpine MRP-350

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 162
Currently I have this amp as listed above ^ and 2 12" Sony Xplod's... This amp is rated at 350wrmsX1 @ 2 ohms but I heard is underrated and puts out closer to 400wrms. I might upgrade from my 2 Xplods (the older, best of the Sony's) (300wrms/900max) to 2 Kicker CVR12's (400wrms/800max). My question is this, first off will that amp be good enough to run the Kicker's effectively (not going to get another amp) and will I notice much difference between the 2 subs? It will go in a sealed box, I am looking for tighter, harder hitting, louder, better sounding bass. Will I be able to notice a major difference? Thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2291
Just say that you use that amp, with 2 CVR's, each will only get 150/200 watt's. I believe the 05 CVR's are 500 watts rms each, so you're underpowering them just a little.
If you got a bigger amp, you will notice a big difference in the sound. Especially the sq!

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 167
No, I will be giving them probably around 400watts rms apeice and the 12" CVR12's are 400wrms....

Bronze Member
Username: Mrcoddy

Taber, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 28
actually you heard wrong the alpines are over rated and put out closer to 310. I was angry when i heard this becase i too was looking into getting it.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2297
How are you going to give them 400 watts a piece with that amp?

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 168
ok, so no less that 350, how will that sound? Will they still hit pretty hard?

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2305
If you can give each sub 350 watts, yes they will work fine.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us