Whats the Best 1000 watt amp with the least current draw???

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 394
I was wondering what 1000 watt or so amp out there on the marker would draw the least amount of amps from my alt.

Silver Member
Username: Thrushdtd

New York

Post Number: 165
i have a us acoustics usx-1000d and it dimms less than my sony 400rms and my jbl 600.1 when they were installed. it takes a max of 80 amps but draws far less if you have higher battery voltage and only need 1000rms instead of 1250.

Silver Member

Post Number: 395
who the heck are us acoustics????? Does anyone know how many amps a Diamond Audio D6 1000 watt amp would take up??? I currently have 2 TDX's and wanna sell one and properly power the other one.

Silver Member

Post Number: 396
BUMP.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1921
the memphis mc1100 or whatever the f*ck its called. memphis claims its 80 percent effiecnt so less draw.

Silver Member

Post Number: 397
Basically it gets down to this, I have the TDX and i want an amp that can properly power it. I currently have a 100 amp alt and dont wanna have to do any large modification to my car. What would you guys all do???

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3422
You need to look at class D/T amps. They use less current while producing high power.
What is your purpose?

Silver Member
Username: Dankman

South Bend, Indiana United States

Post Number: 219
Hunter suggested a great amp, one i just purchased, Its the Memphis 16-MCD1000 amplifier, thats one bad a$$ amp, since its a very efficient amp it wont take a big toll on your electrical system.

Silver Member

Post Number: 398
I have never heard of class D/T amps. Who makes them???

The purpose of my system is to sound really good and get really loud as well.

I love me TDX's, i am just powering them with nowhere near as many watts as i should. So i figured i would just sell on and power the other one properly.

Silver Member

Post Number: 399
I was just doing some searching around and i saw this amp that puts out 1200 at 1ohm which would work for my sub. It also says that it is 90% efficient. It is a Concept CD-1210. I have never heard of them before and was wondering if they were reliable.

Bronze Member
Username: Dz43893

Chicago, Illinois United states

Post Number: 73
would u say JL amps or Micintosh amps r better?

Silver Member

Post Number: 400
What the heck are you talking about????

Silver Member

Post Number: 404
Do you guys think that a Zapco Reference 750 would power 1 15" TDX sufficiently??? If not, there is the 1100, but that is even more expensive and i would def need a new alt with that amp.

Bronze Member
Username: Mrcoddy

Taber, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 29
Anything JL will basicly either be the best or be close to the best. So my answer for best draw would be ony of the JL's
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us