Im stumped???

Bronze Member
Username: Sq_junkie

Anchorage, AK US

Post Number: 46
For all you guys who build your own boxes, how do you cut the hole for the driver. Im not very good with a jig-saw so I was wondering if there was any other method?

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 159
Roto-zip. It has templates. Also there are mill jigs, but you need a mill. Another tool is a router, but that is more complex than jigsaw or mill (lol). How bout asking a friend that has woodworking abilities to cut out the holes for you.

To tell you the truth, the secret is using a jigsaw. It is by far the easiest to use on the beginner level. Just go slow in the turns and use a slow speed if your jigsaw has locking varriable speed.

Good luck !

Bronze Member
Username: Sq_junkie

Anchorage, AK US

Post Number: 48
I cant believe I didnt think of that. A Roto-zip is perfect.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1920
if you use the jig, dont try and turn it from the front, turn the back end of it and you will see that it is much easier and gives a cleaner cut.

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 610
i use a rotozip much better than a jigsaw i believe :-)

Anonymous

I use a router and router guide make perfect cuts everytime and I dont break those darn rotozip blades man those things are crap and not cheap. although a router bit arent cheap but they dont break like those.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2927
Rotozip? Router? What ever happened to drawing a perfect circle and using a good ol' jigsaw???

Make sure when you cut the hole that you make it about 1/4" too small, just incase you suck and put whops in the edges. Too small is always better than too big, as you can sand the opening if the sub doesn't fit.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3522
I hear ya Joe I am a jig man myself!

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1925
well thats all i can afford right now so jig it is....its not that bad, just take your time andf let the saw push its self and do all the work
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us