Audiobahns, Power Acoustics or something else for this setup?

Username: Lennyd

Post Number: 1
Alright so heres the deal. The only thing in this config thats not changable is the box and thats because of the car im in.

Driving a 2000 camaro z28.

http://www.audiook.net/auctions/auctions/camtl10/camtl15.jpg

The box i will be using is a 3.27cu ft single ported box (link above) which i will be putting *some* type of 12inch woofer in. If youve ever seen camaro boxes, it looks just like the rest only its ported for one sub, not the normal dual sealed config.

I was planning on going with an Audiobahn AW1206T woofer powered by Concept CC-D1200 amp putting 750watts @ 2ohms into the woofer configured in parralel.

Now, what ive seen personally from this woofer has been nothing bad, but after reading around on these forums i see and hear alot of bad-mouthing towards this model and audiobahn in general. So im reconsidering changing to a different woofer. My dilema lies in finding a woofer that will still hit hard & be compatable with a 3.27cu ft box while staying around the $150 price range (i can get the AW1206T for $75 brand new, but im gona say my limit for a woofer is double that). The box stays, and i love concept amps so id like for that to stay to... just need some advice on a woofer.

Heres where you guys comein. Need a decently hard hitting 12 that is relativly cost efficient and will run fine off of either a 750rms 2ohm load or a 1200rms 1 ohm load.

What do you all think about the Audiobahn Eternal or Power Acoustic MOFO's?

My only concern with the mofo is would it be able to handle a 1200watt rms load @ 1ohm??

Any help you guys can give would be great & thanks in advance!

Bronze Member
Username: Sq_junkie

Anchorage, AK US

Post Number: 45
Ascendant Audio makes a really decent 12 that can handle more than that amount of power and sounds really good. Cost is around $225-$250. IMO well worth the price. If thats too much then here is one that should tickle your fancy...

http://store.yahoo.com/discave/swal12tysesu1.html

Username: Lennyd

Post Number: 4
my personal experience with alpine's lead me away from them. plus, a type r wouldnt go well in a 3.27cu foot box.

thats my main dilema. finding a sub that will pound in a ported box that big. HELP

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 529
DD1012

Bronze Member
Username: Spyder

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 18
i think i might be the only one but i had 2 jl w3 12's in my 2000 firebird...i now have a 12 w7 with your same style box....it hits hard...i would go with the dd1012 or the w7. both will hit hard as piss in that box....that and it being a hatch.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us