My sub stopped pounding...

Bronze Member
Username: Kunit

Post Number: 31
I had a 8 inch and a 10 inch for subs in a box. I had a 550 watt pushing them and they were both on their own channel. Today I bridged the 2 subs and the 8 cut out. So i checked all the wires...checked the wires hooked on the sub...tried the 10 inch alone and it worked. So i had to scrap the 8 inch. I cut the top off the box where the 8 was and screwed a top on the box. This left the 10 inch. So I brigded the 10 and it seems to work just as well as the 8 and the 10 together. My question is...Because my amp is 550 and the sub only 450. Will the amp blow the sub? I have the gain turned 1/2 way. I can turn it max with out the amp cutting out but i didnt dare. The sub had 150 RMS and the amp 220 bridged. Will it blow it up?

Silver Member
Username: Thrushdtd

New York

Post Number: 156
no it wont blow up i run my alpine type rs with 1250 rms 250 over the recomended 1000 and have no problems just try not to keep turning up the volume even after it has stopped getting louder and watch out for distortion.

Silver Member
Username: Dpaw20

FL USA

Post Number: 275
^^lol, thats 1000max man. The type-r's RMS watts is 100-300. And for the 05' model, its 500rms watts...

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 314
I think he meant he had 2 of them.

Silver Member
Username: Daddy_phat_sack

Post Number: 270
"i run my alpine type rs"

TYPE R's.... so yea he has more than one.... lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums