High bit converters vs LBC/ Alpine vs Pioneer

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 292
-HU forum is empty-

which reproduces the best music?: Multibit converters, PDM, or MASH

allow me to preface this thread by saying that i am sooo unknowledgabe about this topic.
but I had a conversation w/a friend and his perspective was that the pioneer and new Kenwood HU's are superior to Alpine b/c of their`high bit converters.
now i noticed that the MASH converters are 3.5 bits and that my alpine (if i'm not mistaken) is also a 3.5 bit converter (is it MASH). i have always appreciated the sq of alpine units and their high s/n.
further, i have read that there are all sorts of inefficiencies and inadequacies of multibit converters (linearity, gain error, slew-rate distortion, and zero-crossing distortion), hence the production of MASH and PDM. and that the accuracy of the converter, not the quantity, matters most. i also read the most significant factor is the accuracy in the MSB bit. whatever IT is.

So, if high bit conveters with all of these error and distortion types introduce obvious harmonic distortion and group delay, how are they superior? and if not, which type provides superior signal stability, imaging, and staging?

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3040
Doesnt sound like your unknowledgeable to me. I would help you but you know more than i do lol. So ill leave it up to someone else.

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 298
naw, i just read a bit before i posted. still not really getting it though.

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 312
bump, man

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 158
man, I would help but I am so lost I almost wet myself...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us