Building my own Car Amp

Username: Thenobleshrew

Myerstown, PA USA

Post Number: 1
Has anyone ever built their own amp? I'm an electrical engineering student, so I'm well versed in designing/building amplifers, filters, and power handling circuitry. I'm assuming a car amp is a stage to boost power, then filters for each channel, then the amplication of each channel. Is this correct?

Has anyone ever attempted to build their own amp? Are schematics available anywhere?

Thanks for you help.

Silver Member
Username: Thrushdtd

New York

Post Number: 152
it will cost more and sound like crap compared to a real amplifier but it can be done.

Username: Dr_sharp

USA

Post Number: 8
Wrong... a friend of mine is a EE and is making a home audio amplifier. He has gotten nearly $1000 of components for free (free samples) and has completed the first channel... it sounds like a dream so far.

Josh if you're a EE I recommend waiting until you know exactly how to do it... don't cheat and use someone elses design... wait a year or so and you should have all of the tools you need to design one.

Username: Thenobleshrew

Myerstown, PA USA

Post Number: 2
Dude,

I have the knowledge I need now to design and build the amps and filters. The thing is, I'm new to car audio and I'm not sure if it as is simple as just, Filter, Amplify, Output. Thats why i'm looking for schematics, to find out if there is something that I am not considering. Thats why I'm looking for something who's done this type of thing before.

Thanks for you post, its great to know the parts can be gotten as samples!

Bronze Member
Username: Karam

Post Number: 52
cool would you know why you cant bridge a 4ch to 1ch by any chance?

brothaman
Unregistered guest
I have my 1000w boss amp hooked up correctly and all my power is there but i have no output. It is brand new. What ismy problem????? PLease help soon!!

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 11
lmao... that's hilarious... noobs are trying to take your thread...
Mr Sighn: YOU CANNOT BRIDGE A 4-CH amp to 1-CH get over it....
brothaman: you're amp is obviously not hooked up correctly otherwise it would be working!

Keep the posts in your own thread!

Yea, sometimes you have to be tricky to get some of the expensive parts.. .like put dr. in front of your name or order them while you're working for a company and put them under the company's name

I've gotten several parts myself to make a spectrum analyzer for my car. I don't know of any links but if you are seriously interested I could probably get you in touch with my friend. Realize that what he has going is an ongoing project that will probably take several years to complete... this isn't something you can just "put together"

The most difficult part, from my understanding is the assembly... soldering can become quite tricky and one slip up can ruin the entire thing.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
i knwo some one else posting in my thread so..
any way i know i cant do it. im asking WHY WHY WHY??

Bronze Member
Username: Iowahawks19

Post Number: 68
why do you need to know why?? even if you do know why how is it going to help you with your system, ITS NOT- so here you go, you cannot bridge a 4ch amp to 1 ch BECAUSE I SAID SO, thats why I SAID YOU CAN'T thats the reason so stop asking everyone

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
lol dat ant no reason,. come on i need to know as then i will stop trying. other wise ill want to find out init. o and a logical explination would help.

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 702
Bridging a four channel amp? Simply put it will produce a fast tapping sound-nothing close to music.

And making your own amp won't be bad necessarily, but design flaws could become eminent.

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 14
Karamjit Singh... do it and you will see why.. OK?

Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 7
Damn how many threads are you posting you 4 channel into one problem in. Ok heres how you do it throw away your four channel or sell it on ebay and buy a new amp see how simple that is

Bronze Member
Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 99
lol...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us