JL 12W7s are they worth the money

Robertj
Unregistered guest
I want to get a 12W7 for my kicker 600.1 amp, but i don't know if it is worth me putting all that money into one sub?

and my amp is a two ohm amp that means i need to get a 2ohm sub right, and if so do the jl 12w7s come in 2ohms.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 246
a 12w7 is worth even more than you pay, it will probably be the best sub you'll ever come by..

a 12w7 comes in 3 ohms only so your amp would push around 450w rms to it which isnt bad but you wont hear the extend at which a 12w7 can really play at

Username: Creampuff

Post Number: 7
JL is WAY overpriced. They make good stuff, but others make better, for cheaper... look around, you will be happy you did

Silver Member

Post Number: 256
there is not much stuff better than JL....cheaper alternatives almost as good, but nothing really can match JL especially for its price...

zapco, mcintosh, us amps, xtant can match for quality but xtant is the only company that prices around JL

adire, ED, ID, diamond, MMats, a/d/s are all cheaper alternatives to JL as far as subs

Tim L.
Unregistered guest
^ you forgot Resonant Engineering.. their subs are worth mentioning in comparison.. particularly their triple x, SE, or HC lines,.. =P

the thing about JL, Alpine, or some brand names is that, ECONOMICALLY, their products' prices carry markups due to ADVERTISING and ADMINISTRATIVE costs, which happen when and once you're a big or BIGGER name company.. as said above, there are other companies that make products quite comparable, for a lot less.. these are the companies that don't carry certain big business costs, etc, and try to make a name for themselves, based on their quality of product..

Robert J
Unregistered guest
so would a 10w7 work for the size amp i have. because i just want a better sub then the 12inch comp vr that i have, and i'm only at 300rms with that. any other subs that you guys can think of that will last and sound good, while giving me the full potintal of my amp

Robert J
Unregistered guest
and one more question, what is a good highist my rms should be on a sub when my amp is 600rms.

Silver Member

Post Number: 265
ok, i would say an elemental designs e12a.22
awesome 12 inch sub, about $300 - has 26mm xmax 1 way, which is also comparable to a 12w7 with 29mm xmax 1 way

it handles 750w rms and 1500w max i believe, dual 2 ohm

Silver Member

Post Number: 266
hmm, well dual 2 ohm kinda sticks you in a spot, cuz you can only get 4 or 1 ohms out of that

check out some dual 4 ohm subs or even get a pair of 4 ohm 300w rms subs

www.edesignaudio.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us