JL Audio or Kicker??????

Username: Rcjr9186

Charleston, SC United States

Post Number: 1
Hey everybody, i am getting ready to put a system in my car but im lost, i've been to the local car stereo places and asked... "if i want to win every competition i go to, who do i go with for my system?" i've heard 3 names over and over. Alpine, JL Audio, and Kicker. So im asking you/yall, who is the best???? Please let me know.

Bronze Member
Username: Dozyproductions

San Diego, California United States

Post Number: 61
Well how much money do you havE? out of those three if you want pretty good sq and spl then you would go with JL, or if your saving money then with alpine. If you want pure spl then get the kicker l7. But if you have money to spare i would Check out these producers:RE (XXX),Ascendant(aValanche) Eclipse (9100 series), Sound Splitter (rl-p), DD and Image dynamics. Ok so i got tired of listing and there are many more cheers.

-dozy

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
sorry i thought i was in the sub forum. fazing in and out latley. Ill say it again, it all depends how much money you gat. if your looking for components then i would check out the infinity mb quart or dls.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4175
What kind of competition are we talking? What kind of money are we talking as well?

Username: Bean0423

Post Number: 1
hey im not shure if this would go under this topic if not sry. but i too am thinking about installing a system in my car i dont want anything to fancy just something to put a lil bump in my trunk but i have no idea where to start. everyone ive ask says it depends on how much i wanna spend. i would like to spend under 500 dollars and i know nothing about amps or watts or anything any help would be great thnxs guys. <mike>

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
your system means sub and amp or also with the speakers and HU?

Username: Bean0423

Post Number: 4
yea wut kind of sub and amp should i get if i wanna spend under 500 bucks and have bout a thousand watt sub. i buy a lot of things off of ebay is that a good place to check. thnxs

Username: Rcjr9186

Charleston, SC United States

Post Number: 2
throw money out the door. i'll save as much as it takes to have the best sounding system on the road. and as for the "what kind of competition" question. i don't think i quite understand the question... i want the best! plain and simple. im looking for something LOUD but that also sounds good.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
look at those companies i listed out, and then for components check out dls and dynaudio and etc.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4178
That's what I was getting at, if you wanted loud or quality. There is a line seperating the two to a certain point, would you rather it be loud or sound good? Maybe 60/40, 50/50, or what?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
bah just remember its all on preference. thats why people buy from different producers!

VietBoiz
Unregistered guest
here ill tell you what you should get if you want a system that will hurt you..lol here...
Get the JL audio 1000 watts amp and the L7 15 inch and you'll sound crazy as helll

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4232
Alpine head units are used in competition, but Eclipse, Clarion, and Pioneer Premier are also used often. That's about it for Alpine, their speakers aren't that great until you crack into the super high end stuff (F#1 Status), which costs thousands, they still aren't used as often as others are. Kicker hasn't really been a big player in anything for a while, every once in a while a Solo X will do well at some SPL comps, but Digital Designs is eating them alive in most cases. You won't see JL in SPL lanes for the most part, they are primarily used in SQ competitions, mainly for their subwoofers. JL also makes great components and amps, but you don't see them in SQ comps that much. The new ZRs may change that, but that's something you can't judge ahead of time. DLS components are on top of SQ competition right now.

The bad thing about recommending top end component systems is that most highly regarded components develop the most extreme opinions, they are either loved or hated. All of the "best" components are an example, some people think speakers like Dynaudio, Morel, DLS are extremely neutral, transparent, and natural, others find them dull and lifeless. Focal Utopias have what is probably the most controversial tweeter out there, it is highly detailed, but very difficult to get it to sound right because of the resonances and the odd dispersion of the inverted dome. MB Quarts are love em, hate em, SEAS drivers (Rainbow included) are love em/hate em. You really can't guarantee that a person will like the speakers, although great results can be had by all of them.

Bronze Member
Username: Masse1369

Post Number: 61
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/143302.html

This would be a good start i think. lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us