Dual 2 Ohm, or Dual 4 Ohm ?

Username: Letto

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 6
With 501S:
250W x 2 @ 2 Ohm
500W x 1 @ 4 Ohm Bridged

Should I get 2 dual 2 ohm subs and wire them directly to each channel of the amp, or should I get the dual 4 ohm subs and wire them in series/parallel to get a 4 ohm load and bridge it to the sub. Will it make much of a difference which one i pick?

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 8
???

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 9
Anyone?

Bronze Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 85
well if u get the 2 ohm wouldnt that create a 1 ohm load and your amp cant handle that...just stick with the series/parallel

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 10
u sure?

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1914
get dual 2 ohm, you can either wire it at 1 or 4 ohm, and in your case your amp does 500 at 4 ohms. just wire your sub in a series, and you will be alright

Bronze Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 13
So getting dual 2 ohm subs and wiring them in series, or getting dual 4 ohm and wiring them in series/parallel... is there any difference in performance there? Since I guess both would show a 4 ohm load, I would think it would be the same, or is there a difference? And if there is a difference, which is better?

Bronze Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 14
wait... if it were single 2 ohm wired in series that would make a 4 ohm load, but i don't think it works like that with the dual 2 ohm ones...

Bronze Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 16
?

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2263
Sorry, I'm confused... can you ask the question agen?
Are you talking about wiring 1 sub/2subs?

Bronze Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 17
2 subs, most likely Image Dynamics IDQ 10's... I have the amp listed above, rockford fosgate 501S (250W x 2 @ 2 ohms, 500W x 1 @ 4 ohms bridged).

My question is should I get the dual 2 ohm subs (wired idk) or the dual 4 ohm subs (wired series/parallel)?

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2266
Oh... if you are going to wire 2 subs to that amp, you can get the 4 ohm dvc, and wire paralel/series... that will give the 4 ohm load, and bridge the amp, or just wire each sub in paralel and wire each to each channal.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us