What Amp For 2 15" Solo Baric 1000 RMS!!!!!??????????!!!!!!!!!!

Username: Akloaditigrt21

Post Number: 3
i got 2 solo baric 15 inch subs that run at 1000 rms im in some serious need of amp/amps to push them at thier rms all i have found were BOSS amps and everyone says they are crap anyone with suggestions???

Bronze Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 23
JL and US amps are some of the nicest, but you might be wasting your money if you buy a JL 1000/1 to run a sub with literally no sq because you're paying for clarity.

Anonymous

literally no sq because you're paying for clarity.

WHAT WHAT

is not that the same thing just like isn't

sq i assume means sound quality so clarity is how clear it is so isnt that sq

Post Number: 4
i aint really looking for sound quality i want something to push both subs at 1000 rms i want some HEAVY *** bass

Bronze Member
Username: Ritchdogg

SC USA

Post Number: 12
Check out the JBL GTO amps. "Very Nice"

Fast Fact:
Did you know 2 trees can provide enough oxygen for a family of 4?

Post Number: 5
ok ritch so i checked out those jbl amps it said pushes 1114 at 2 ohms but i saw the price tag n it saying i think 549 i got these 2 kickers for 280 each n i had 1500 so now im stuck. i was looking at power acoustik amps they put out some power but i dont want something that will break instanty (unless it has a warranty =) ) so any more suggestions

Post Number: 7
ok ritch so i checked out those jbl amps it said pushes 1114 at 2 ohms but i saw the price tag n it saying i think 549 i got these 2 kickers for 280 each n i had 1500 so now im stuck. i was looking at power acoustik amps they put out some power but i dont want something that will break instanty (unless it has a warranty =) ) so any more suggestions

Bronze Member
Username: Zagross

Post Number: 19
get 2 hifonics 1605D or 1500D they are 1100@ 2 ohms and 900@ 2ohms, either will do and they are reasonable on ebay, 180-250. nice amps.

OR if you want 1 amp get the 2000D from hifonics but then you need to run @ 1 ohm in parallel.

Post Number: 8
can someone explain to me what paralel is because im only 15 and im getting this for my first car lol and also will all this run off of one battery

Username: Bonnieman97

Post Number: 2
hey im 16 and i got 2 15" L7's hooked up in my 97 pontiac bonneville. I am runing them off of the Hifonics Bx-2005D Brutus 2000watt amp and it slams. Although i do have it hooked up to another battery because i didnt want to take the chance of draining a battery. You can try hooking it up to your car battery but i doubt it will last long. I suggest a yellowtop Optima Battery. Powerful and good for your type of setup. Good Luck to ya

Bronze Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 40
roger, what state do you live in that lets you drive a car at age 15? Unless you are drowning in money I would recommend against putting this system in your first car. Before you start taling about a 2000 watt amp, start talking about a new alternator. Many people who conisder taking thousands of watts from their car's electrical systems fail to realize that they WILL need to replace their car's alternator. Lets do some simple math, shall we? Most cars have alternators that can spare no more than 50 amps when the car is running. Using ohm's law, we can determine the power your car can procude. To find Power (watts) you multiply amperage by voltage. In your car on a good day, the voltage will be around 14.4 volts. 50 x 14.4 = 720 Watts. Your cars electrical system is only able to supply 36% of the power you plan to be using. If you haven't already, look into getting a high output alternator. I would recommend no less than 200 amps. That second battery, or getting a capacitor will not help you.

anyway, when i said "JL and US amps are some of the nicest, but you might be wasting your money if you buy a JL 1000/1 to run a sub with literally no sq because you're paying for clarity." I meant that there is no point in buying a JL or US amp to power your subs because they are expensive amps, and the reason they are expensive is because of their clarity. This clarity would be wasted on Solo barics. Sorry i confused you.

Bronze Member
Username: Blitzedeclipse

Post Number: 39
Yah I own a l7 15". and ive been looking into the very good sq amps, jl, us amps, orion, etc.., but you say it will go to waste on the l7? They are the best right? So they will bang that sub pretty hard right? My question is, if the jl, orion, us, etc. are some of the best but they're clarity will be wasted, what other amps are they're that will push an L7 to it's limits, without having as much clarity as the jl, us, orion?

Since I own a l7, and I know that the l7 is not that big of a fan for sound quality, just pure loudness, then I want an amp that will push it for it's loudness, not it's sound quality then.

What amps are they're that will help me on that?

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 130
i don't like the cliche that you are "wasting money"...it may not be the best match for the sub, but getting an amp with a better power supply, higher signal to noise ratio, and lower THD is definately going to make the L7 sound better without a doubt. Just because it's an L7 doesn't mean that you HAVE to rule out those amps. Just depends on your budget and sound goals.

Bronze Member
Username: Blitzedeclipse

Post Number: 41
well i got 500 bucks to speand on an amp, and yeah I would like to have a nice sq amp like orion jl and us, but im still open for options. Isacc? you know any amps that would match for an l7 besides the jl orion and us?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us