Subs cut out

KU sucks
Unregistered guest
I was driving one day and my subs just stopped hitting. Then like like 5 min later there back on. When i got home to check my subs out the wires looked okay but my amp was really hot. Does anyone know why this happened?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3470
your prob driving the amp into protection. what sub,amp do you have and how is it wired(to what ohms level)?

Bronze Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 28
It sounds like James is right. The amp shuts down becase its too hot, and then cools down for 5 minutes with no exectrons moving through it and is then cool enough to start again. The problem is, i've never heard of an amp taking itself out of protect mode.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3486
my amp used to do it before I added fans to it. when you drive amps at low impedences they tend to run very hot. My amp was meant to run at 1ohm mono and it still cut out on me but since I added the fans it has been flawless. If the amp isnot meant ot be running as low as it is then thats even worse.

screwed
Unregistered guest
hey when i tried my jl system i had the same prob 13w7 and jl 1000/1 amp over heat woffer stop hitting amp thermal lioght comes on amp cools of then i can play alittle more sent the amp back and jl said it was fine i took out the w7 and put my in old woofers on jl amp never a prob? now the warnty is up ont the w7 and its sitting in the grage what should i do and what wrong with it? please advise?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us