Question???

Bronze Member
Username: Dacompetition10

Tracy, Cali United States

Post Number: 32
ok theres this Ifinity sub that i was just looking at and the wattage is 1000 n the rms is 250...wats the rms...is it the power the sub can contineously put out or wat...n the 1000 watts...thats the max watts the sub can handle right? wat if you had the right amount of amps for the 1000 watts like 2500 watts worth of amps for the subs...can you hit 1000 contineously. thanks

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 739
RMS is the amount of wattage the sub can continuously take not put out. And MAX is the amount of wattage the sub can take before the coils burn up but can only take this amount for short periods of time and you run the risk of blowing the sub. "wat if you had the right amount of amps for the 1000 watts like 2500 watts worth of amps for the subs...can you hit 1000 contineously." And I have no idea what your talkin about here.

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2200
Lol
Exactly... rms is what amount of power you can run to the sub all day, and be fine. When you start reaching its peak, the voice coils start getting too hot and break.
Thats why you only burp a sub for like 3/5 seconds... there running way over the subs rms... even its peak/max ratings... but thats why they only do it for seconds... any longer, and you run the risk of damaging the woofer.

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 568
how could u answer that question it took me 10min to read it

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2213
lol... thats just what I was guessing he was asking.

Bronze Member
Username: Dacompetition10

Tracy, Cali United States

Post Number: 33
lol sry for the confusion...basically the wattage of those subs (1000) is there a way you can have those subs take that power all day without blowing or burning a coil? (thats wat i was talking abou..could you do it if you had enough amps)

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2215
No... the subs voice coils won't be able to handle it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us